Save The Children is looking to add a dynamic, organized proposal writer who is passionate about being a part of a global team of individuals committed to improving the lives of children in Nigeria.
Job Title: Proposal Writing Specialist
Successful candidates should have:
• Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate complex technical ideas in a clear and compelling way
• The ability to synthesize inputs from multiple sources into one cohesive document with a unified voice
• A talent for writing concisely and conceptualizing ideas for graphics that convey key information
• Experience writing proposals for USAID, DFID, other bilaterals, foundations and/or corporations
• Experience at an INGO and knowledge of some technical areas such as humanitarian assistance, health, nutrition, protection, education, livelihoods or water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
• Attention to detail and exceptional organization
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with large teams and to communicate clearly
- Thoroughly review solicitations/calls for funding and become an expert on funder instructions and requirements
- Work with the proposal team to develop an outline that will guide the organization and content of proposal sections
- Integrate inputs from technical experts and staff into a narrative that clearly conveys proposal win themes and technical solutions, and importantly, is compliant with all donor instructions and requirements
- Help the proposal team to identify and address any gaps in the program design or other pieces of the proposal
- Collaborate with the proposal team to incorporate the suggestions of proposal reviewers
- Format and edit proposals and ensure a high quality final products
- Follow proposal calendar and meet established deadlines
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience, with 2 years in writing and developing proposals in response to solicitations from donors
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical, writing, and editing skills, including knack for synthesizing large amounts of information into persuasive, clear language and graphics. Experience working in Nigeria.
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply