Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Borno, Nigeria
Key Areas of Accountability
- Writing of Checks as approved by relevant budget holders
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
- Update daily Cash GLACOS and reconcile cash and book balances
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc….)
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance officer
- Update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Officer for cash replenishment(including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions:
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Registration of all paid invoices on Agresso on a daily basis
- Single Account Reconciliation
- Weekly Bank and cash Reconciliation
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and pension payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators and remitting same on a timely basis
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped “PAID”
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
- Internal: All budget-holders, Bank Signatories and other staffs.
- External: Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, include regulatory agencies
Skills & Experience – Essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or its equivalent.
- One year post graduation similar experience in a NGO
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in computerized and accounting systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th January, 2016.