Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant (PEI Programme)
Location: Katsina, Nigeria
- To provide support to PEI and RI programs supported by CGPP. Ensuring the reduction of non-compliance families in the communities where we are working.
- Participate in all the CGPP program activities within the communities and primary health centres. Efficiently keeps filing cabinet in order with proper archiving of documents. And help in ensuring the M&E component of the project are kept in accordance with SCI and CGPP recommendation
- Assist in developments and maintenance of a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks and all sites involved in the project.
- Participation in Team Meetings.
- Assist in filing all project documents (hard and soft copies)
- Responsible to track project changes and produces updated site based schedule as agreed with project management.
- Works with Project Manager, assist in developing a comprehensive workflow process for project.
- Monitor and modify project schedule as assigned.
- Maintain document control, database management, track project activities and team communication.
- Assists project team and team lead in strategic meetings and follow up with meeting notes.
- Schedule project follow up meetings as needed.
- Develops and publishes communications to project partners
- Assist in preparation for meetings, including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Liaise with the Administrative team to ensure proper arrangements are made for meetings. Trainings, workshops etc. and ensure proper documentation of reports afterwards
- Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
- Ensures adherence to deadlines.
- Develops and review project status and reports.
- Compile summary documents, e.g. WVCM weekly and monthly reports. Collect and include contributions of the Team
- Gathers all project information: schedules, data requests, assignments, tasks, and project meetings.
- Work with project team especially the M&E Assistant to understand and assist with tracking all work, task and project assignments.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Training in Child Health and Immunization activities
- Minimm of 2 – 3 years of practical experience of working in an Immunization programme.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to SCI’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality Immunization programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Good understanding of Immunization Indicators
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, Excel and Power Points, etc)
- Fluency in English and Hausa (Spoken and Written) – This is a Community-based Position
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
Desirable / Qualifications:
- BA / BSc, HND or Equivalent in Public Health; Registered Nurse / Midwife, Community Health and Epidemiology.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within diversified and multicultural setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ practical experience with working in Immunization or Child Health related Project with local and or International NGOs
- Familiar with Immunization Indicators
- Ability to work in partnership with Government and Development partners
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: For the purpose of this vacancy, qualified internal and Northern Nigerian indigenes are considered as first-tier candidates
Application Deadline 2nd October, 2016.