Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. By transforming children’s lives now, we change the course of their future and ours. Please give monthly and support our mission.
Save the Children is working to strengthen health systems and support maternal and child health in four northern states. Much work needs to be done for Nigeria to deliver its promises on Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5 (which aim to reduce child mortality and improve maternal health) before 2015.
Job Title: Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
- The Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Manager is a key position in the Logistics Department, reporting to the Country Logistics Manager.
- S/he ensures that SCI policies and procedures are fully implemented, will set up and strengthen internal control mechanisms and provide capacity building to field and coordination staff to ensure compliance to SCI and donor standards.
- S/he is responsible for procurement and stock management and coordination with the International Procurement Unit.
- S/he will have the task to set up and manage the Abuja Procurement Unit under the supervision of the Country Logistics manager.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure that all procurements are compliant to SCI and donor standards, and that policies and procedures are institutionalized at all levels
- Set up and manage a country procurement unit in Abuja that will serve as procurement Hub
- Ensure that internal control mechanism are in place and followed
- Capacity building of field and coordination staff on procurement and stock management
- Coordinate with field offices to ensure the regular and timely shipment of required supplies; coordinate with pharmacist to put in place medical delivery schedule
- Coordinate with IPU for international orders, ensuring that orders are placed in a timely manner, discrepancies are proactively resolved, and invoices paid during project period
- Coordinate customs processes for international purchases
- Oversee stock management is done accordingly to SCI standards and support bases proper TIM implementation and usage.
- Develop Strategic and tactical procurement in Nigeria Country Office to avoid ad hoc procurement and to have a pro-active procurement department anticipating needs and consolidating purchases via contracting strategy or bulk purchases.
- Put in place framework agreements and / or Preferred Supplier Lists for key purchases
- Run periodically market surveys and market analysis to monitor the prices and availability of key items.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Degree and Post-Graduate qualifications
- Demonstrated minimum of 5 years’ experience in logistics management and especially in procurement
- Ability to work in an multicultural environment, to communicate clearly and work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently, sense of responsibility;
- Commitment to the values and principles of SCI;
- Ability to pay support visits on the field in isolated areas;
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrate leadership and integrity.
- Strong ethical standards, motivated to promote effective, efficient and transparent procurement function.
- Experienced in running complex procurement procedures and in contract negotiation
- Previous experience in service subcontracting for financial services such as cash distributions and e-vouchers will be considered an advantage
- Experienced in running market surveys and market analysis
- Previous experience with humanitarian assistance and / or with international organizations in Nigeria and / or the region;
- Problem-solving ability (Proven analytical skills in isolating priorities and tackling them);
- Capacity to maintain documentation and archiving system transparent;
- Very good computer skills, especially on Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint;
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply