Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Job Title: Field Manager
Contract length: 01 Year
- The Field Manager will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of support services – Logistics, Security, Finance and Human Resources/administration.
- S/he will support the AOM in ensuring timely delivery of quality projects, currently across all sectors: Child Protection, Health, including WASH and Education; as well as maintains effective relationships with all other key players in the area (NGO, UN, and governmental) to ensure effective coordination of activities and ability to implement.
- In coordination with other senior staff S/he will support the AOM in ensuring the safety of staff and security of staff and operations in the field site.
- S/he is responsible for, human resources management and management of SC facilities and assets in the locality.
Qualifications and experience
- Significant management experience working in an emergency response contexts or fragile states
- 4 years progressive non-profit work experience with international humanitarian programmes
- Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes
- Budget management experience including institutional donors
- Security management experience in insecure environments
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Demonstrable experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC . In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- ECHO and/or DFID programme management experience
- National level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Fluent in Hausa
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: [email protected]
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.