Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. Our vision is to live in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Last year Save the Children’s programmes and campaigns reached more than 55 million children directly around the world, through our and our partners’ work.
We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
JOB TITLE: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Kaduna
Responsible for all New Born Health Project MEAL activities in Kaduna & Gombe States. Data management including data quality assurance, database maintenance, logistics and coordination for research activities including workshops, conducting literature research, and preparing reports. The officer will also support cross cutting Monitoring and Evaluation efforts across thematic areas and programmes
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The M&E Officer will perform duties such as:
- Assist in development of performance monitoring plan (PMP), and keep progress of the project achievements through updating the PMP.
- Plan and conduct monitoring visits in order to assess programmatic activities of the project in accordance with M&E schedule.
- Assist M&E Advisor in carrying out specific training, support, and other capacity building activities in routine and specifically designed data management.
- Use findings from routine supportive supervision and data collected from reporting systems to monitor the availability, accessibility, utilisation and quality of new-born and child care services provided at all levels of the health system in the states.
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Support the baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluation and other research activities during the implementation of the project.
Data Collection & Data Quality Management
- Participate in data collection, analysis and synthesis of programmatic data and routine data for monitoring of project progress.
- Collects data pertaining to household and health facility surveys
- Responsible for data entry (and transcription of audio data when needed)
- Keeps record of information obtained during research (database of information, hard files, etc.)
- Conducts periodic data verification exercises
- Validates data and cleans data sets
- Prepares reports containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content
Research Support, Logistics & Coordination
- Supports the logistics and coordination of field research
- Conducts literature research and supports technical research as required
- Organizes events (seminars, workshops, meetings etc)
- Prepares correspondence as needed
- Support on-going monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans
- Support data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly programme IPTT monitoring reports
- Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly
- Other duties as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (health sciences, social sciences, development studies or other)
- Candidates must have at least 2-3 years of progressive experience working in a similar research position
- Formal training in research methods at a graduate level is an asset
- Skills and experience conducting data verification, analysis, reporting and monitoring
- Experience in transcribing audio data, and in data entry
- Excellent IT skills
- Good writing, editing, research, and presentation skills
- Previous experience in facilitating trainings, workshops and events
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination
- and logistics
- Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills are an advantage
To apply for this position kindly follow the link below:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 12th April 2016