Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone.
We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas.
We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Job Title: Sales Representatives
- Create demand of Monsanto maize hybrid seeds brand- DEKALB and CP
- Work closely with the Monsanto’s technical team to expand hybrid seed usage to ensure sustainability and growth.
- Establish Demos, trials and conduct field days across the region for increased visibility of Monsanto products SE and CP
- It entails meeting business goals and working to achieve long term growth of the DEKALB range of products within small and large scale farming sectors in Nigeria, by being a key member of the sales team that will drive the growth of Monsanto’s business in Nigeria.
Specific role responsibility
- Plans and conducts effective sales calls/visits with current and prospective customers
- Provide agronomic support & advice to the customers and prospects
- Strategically plan activities to generate demand for available products. Research and understand the needs of the customer, and plan sales activities to increase sales and hybrid adoption.
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of products in the various segments and analyze market to understand opportunities that are available to increase seed usage
- Work with customer complaints to ensure they are resolved.
- Coach farmers on product management to ensure they succeed
- Provide after-the-sale customer service that increases customer loyalty and the % of seed purchase from Monsanto.
- Plan and deliver presentations to customers and potential customers that help increase sales in sales area.
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve a plan for sales area that increases customer engagement, market share, and profitability.
- Allocates and utilizes available resources to maximize return on short-term and long-term strategic plan for sales area.
- Actively contributes to analyze local market needs and suggest changes or improvements to distribution strategy and farmers segmentation.
- Maintains and develop relationship with the customers Full accountabilities of money collection from the customers on time and be proactive in early money collection.
- Contribute, implement and follow-up according to Monsanto’s guidance and compliance (Business conduct, FCPA, Pledge)
- Provide Monsanto with the necessary market intelligence required for the commercial success of our business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field
- A masters degree will be an added advantage
- 4+ years’ sales/ account management experience, with at least 1 year in the agricultural industry.
- Results oriented
- Customer oriented
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Enjoys working in a team
- Able to work with autonomy and willing to travel intensively on business (80% of the time)
- Able to prioritize
- Assertive and takes initiative to make things happen
- Good awareness and understanding in the management of Demo and trials according to set protocols
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within a multi-cultural environment
- Good analytical skills
- Well organized and customer focused
- Should be able to prioritize multiple task and achieve set result
- Valid driver’s license and experience
- Good command of English language
- Ability to speak 2 major Nigerian languages including English.
- Must be able to communicate in the language of assigned state
- Ability to use Microsoft packages( Excel, Power point, Access, Words) to write and interpret field reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply