Smile Communications – Vacancies exist in a foremost Telecommunications company located in the heart of Victoria – Island, Lagos.
Head of Indirect Sales
This role will be responsible for the development and execution of the Company’s short term and long term indirect distribution and sales channel business strategy. The role will be charged with the identification, on-boarding and management of strategic distribution partners, resellers etc. with the aim of extending Smile’s distribution reach into existing and new markets and delivering enhanced revenue opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership, direction and development to all aspects of the company’s indirect distribution and sales channels
2. Implement indirect distribution and sales channel strategies, and accurately and proactively manage sales forecasts. Deliver the sales targets set for the company’s indirect channels (customers, revenues, costs of sales)
3. Work with relevant functions to identify and recruit indirect sales partners within the company’s coverage areas. Define appropriate remuneration structures and frameworks (commissions, performance bonus, incentives) to drive the company’s indirect distribution and sales partners and deliver the set sales targets
4. Manage assigned indirect sales resources and their performance to ensure they are appropriately utilized and meet assigned sales and growth targets
5. Monitor and analyze indirect channel sales volumes, pipeline activity and competitive activity and develop plans to beat the set targets. Monitor and manage product line sales activity across the channels to ensure it meets the company’s standards/ parameters
6. Contribute to the development of sales campaigns and collateral material and how it can be applied across the indirect sales channels
7. Ensure superior customer service in line with the company’s brand promise throughout all the company’s indirect distribution and sales channels
8. Co-ordinate with other functions to efficiently and effectively execute indirect sales channel development and management. Ensure goals and plans are effectively communicated, understood and applied
9. Coordinate activities of planning, recruitment, training and sales support for indirect sales channel partners
10. Provide any other ad hoc duties assigned to you from time to time by the Head of Distribution & Sales or any other person appointed by the Company for this purpose
Key Performance Indicators:
• OPCO indirect distribution and sales channels KPIs: acquisitions (customer gross and net adds), revenues and costs of sales
• Optimal Smile indirect sales channel presence throughout Smile’s coverage area
• Effective and efficient logistics network
• Effective management of key local indirect sales partners
• Superior level of customer services in line with the Smile brand promise
• Efficient allocation of resources, support and training
Education and experience
• Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or other business related degree
• 10 years experience in Sales and Distribution with minimum of 5 years in the telecom or FMCG industry
• Operational sales experience indirect sales channels, distribution, logistics and marketing is a plus
Skills and competencies:
• Strong sales and distribution background
• Strong leadership, communication and project management skills
• Strong organizational skills with superior attention to detail
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with process focus/mindset
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Method of Application
Salary is very attractive and within industry standard. Interested candidates should forward their resumes to [email protected] on or before 2pm on Friday, 24th July, 2015. Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.