Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
Sahara Group is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Graduate Analyst Program 2017
- Responsible for financial position to make better business/ investment decisions, as well as monitoring and assessing business performance and determining the matrix for assessment thereof.
- The Graduate Analyst is responsible for processing and evaluating businesses, projects, budgets and other finance-related entities to determine their suitability for investment.
- (S)He must be able to perform financial analysis at a micro and macro level to understand the financial health of the company and offer suitable recommendations.
- Recommend individual investments and collections of investments, which are known as portfolios
- Identify key drivers through structured analysis and conceptual thinking to effectively probe problems and causes; work with Strategy Team & and Businesses to develop solutions
- Present at team and client meetings, and determine the most practical way to drive lasting results based on your insights and analysis
- Conduct valuation analyses and financial assessments
- Supports team goals and assessments
- Provide support in managing strategy development process
- Leverage desktop applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Access with high proficiency to capture and maximize critical thinking Communicate effectively and persuasively in a business context
- Evaluate current and historical data
- Structure and perform analysis and conduct primary research to uncover insights, identify and validate value creation opportunities for the Group
- Provide analytic and research support for key strategy projects, market, trend, customer, channel and competitive assessments
- Support preparation of senior management and board level communications
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- University degree in any of the following Management Science courses; Economics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Business Management, Accounting and Finance or any other degree i.e. Candidates with a bias for Business Analysis. (Minimum Second Class Upper).
- Maximum of 2 years of cognate working experience (Post NYSC) in a similar capacity within an organisation
- Certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written and oral English.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial & dynamic environment
- Must be able to understand market trends and forecast
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Ability to collect, integrate and analyze information from multiple sources to create a cohesive, fact-based analysis
- Must be MS Word, Excel and Internet Browser proficient
- Must be thorough in research finding and methodology
- Must possess a flare for numbers and be business savvy
- Must possess excellent numerical and quantitative skills
- Must be a critical thinker with good judgement and decision making
- Must be hard working and resourceful
- Must possess the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Must be a person of high integrity
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with proactive approach to work
- Internal: Develop efficient and effective cross-divisional relationships among core teams throughout the company including, Finance Managers, Managing Directors, Executive Directors and the Company Board.
- External: Is expected to develop relationships with financial advisory service firms, consulting firms, tax authorities, treasury houses, Investor Relations etc.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply