eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
We are seeking to employ a suitable qualified candidate for the position of:
Job Title: Sage IT Manager
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Department: IT Operations
Job type: Full Time
- The Sage IT Manager is responsible for the strategy and delivery of a wide range of technical projects within eHA and oversees all aspects of conduct, from start-up-through close-out in accordance with company and project specific standard operating procedures (SOPs), guidelines, budgets, timelines and contracts. Assists with managing project budgets, tracking against milestones.
- S/he coordinates all aspects of technical project activities and operations with programs, departments, and relevant parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads the internal implementation team, this includes hardware and/or software installation, network set up, system configuration and user testing, training and live assistance.
- Conducts an inventory of any existing information systems to ensure they can connect with new systems being sought.
- Facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint and employ methodologies to manage workflow and track progress of projects in process.
- Keeps all parties informed of timelines, scope, milestones and critical path. Estimates risk and resources needed to achieve project goals. Develops and maintain project schedules and calendars.
- Executes and maintains technical project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management.
- Manages different stakeholder expectations and works with key stakeholders to define scope, timescales, quality, handover criteria. Plans and coordinates projects to ensure that the resources and means of delivery are in place.
- Coordinates with vendors to develop an implementation plan for process improvement, installation, data conversion, system build, testing, training, and other aspects of implementation
- Identifies and manages interdependencies between applications, platforms, services, and environments during project implementation.
- Manages handover in accordance with agreed change and release management processes.
- Delivers documentation to enable support and operation of the completed systems. Plans post implementation reviews and provides support as required.
- Attends and participates in professional associations, meetings, seminars, conferences and training to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of technical project management.
- Ensures project & team commitments are met by seeking out and identifying technical hurdles, works with teams to course-correct and avoid future reoccurrence.
- Uses technical acumen to monitors adoption and use of the system, enables removal of impediments, and supports team in technical issue resolutions.
- Steers and delivers project communications at all levels to ensure transparency of development process and project performance.
- Influences continuous improvement of project management methodologies including: assessment of project delivery capabilities, gathering and reporting performance metrics, establishing corresponding targets, and measurement of on-going progress.
- Performs any other task assigned by Management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree from College or University in Project Management, Business Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Management, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 5 years’ experience in technology implementation projects. Experience with SAGE ERP is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to foster a positive working environment.
- Ability to manage a complex & varied work load and work under pressure.
- May frequently travel between company sites.
- Significant, demonstrable experience of effective stakeholder management with a variety of stakeholders – both technical and non-technical.
- Proven experience in project design, process integration and implementation.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
Certifications and Licenses:
- A Project Management (PMI) certification such as PRINCE 2 is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized project management software. (e.g. MS Project etc.)
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in Hausa is desirable.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
Math / Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situation
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online