SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
SABMiller Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Local Category Manager
- SABMiller Procurement sources an extensive range of materials and services. This includes brewing materials, packaging, capital equipment, marketing materials and business services
- The Local Category Manager supports the implementation of Global strategies in the country, to maximise total cost of ownership savings and procurement value contribution.
- Under the guidance of Regional and Global Category Managers/Directors, he/she supports the implementation of Global Category strategies by supporting strategic sourcing initiatives and procurement optimisation projects.
- The Local Category Manager provides support for the development of category practices for local categories, including support in relation to sourcing strategy definition, deployment, and stakeholder management.
Key Responsibilities Include (but not limited to)
- Execute the procurement strategy process and implementation / sourcing execution for a set of local categories in a Cross Functional Team setting
- Manage supplier relationships for local categories
- Manage internal customer relationships for local categories
- Execute large Spot Buys
- Executes Local/Regional/Global categories in the country, leads contract implementation & drives contract compliance
- Appropriate University/bachelor degree qualification is essential.
- A recognised qualification in procurement would be considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of sourcing, contract negotiation, tendering, spend under management, with substantial professional experience (2 – 4 years) in the same functional domain or other related positions.
- Proficiency in English is mandatory
- Ambitious and self-driven with the ability to work proactively and autonomously in a complex and challenging environment. Both the role and SABMiller would suit someone looking for the potential to further develop a career in procurement.
- Drive for results, work within a team and challenging & influencing
Competitive, in country salary package
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply