RusselSmith is an ISO 9001:2008 certified integrated oil service solutions provider, incorporated to serve the needs of the global Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry.
Our value proposition to our customers is the delivery of quality services through operational excellence and the utilization of GLOCAL(Global+Local) capacity, without compromising safety and quality standards.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager, Procurement
Job Reference Code: RS-PAS-002
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages and monitors the assigned project procurement activities at the various stages of work, as well as takes the appropriate measures to ensure that the entire project procurement cycle is on schedule and within the budget and in accordance with requisition or contract requirements.
• Develops and implements the procurement execution strategy and procedures in accordance with the company guidelines.
• Planning and development of project scheduling with reference to issue dates of requisitions and purchase order placement.
• Monitor the issue of material requisitions within required dates. Review requisitions for completeness and expediting all missing data and/or documents and establish early required delivery dates for equipment and materials in accordance with procedure and schedule
• Monitors and ensure the update of vendor database files in the company approved system in
order to establish authorized vendor status.
• Provides guidance to office personnel on appropriate purchasing procedures.
• Initiates and processes requests for quotations for department’s purchases, researching, evaluating, and making appropriate selection of product or service classification from the company master vendor list.
• Manages purchasing activities which includes researching, identifying, and evaluating vendors for pricing and quality, documenting all purchasing decisions, and completing purchase orders.
• Prepares and issues inquiries for commodities, equipment, services and fabrication to suppliers in order to obtain competitive bids.
• Maintains the highest ethical and professional standards and ensures that all departmental guidelines are followed.
• Manages, as needed, with the logistics personnel to assure the timely and cost effective transport of all equipment and materials to the required site.
• Process claims, back-charges and liquidated damages as foreseen in the purchase orders when required
• Ensure that distribution of procurement documentation is promptly accomplished as required by procurement flow chart and seek approvals, authorizations and signatures.
• Maintain and file necessary vendor correspondence and purchasing documentation for information and auditing purposes in accordance with departmental file management system.
• Review, proofread, and verify forms, invoices, requisitions and financial documents as necessary for accuracy in calculation and adherence to policies and procedures.
Monitors all project procurement activities and takes appropriate action(s) to assure that the inquiry cycle, approvals, and commitments are on schedule.
• Manages review of purchase orders for expediting requirements, seeks solutions to technical problems, reviews reports to clarify misunderstandings, monitors client changes and communicate to end users on delivery status.
• Analyzes and evaluates purchase requisition forms, as assigned, to ensure purchases meet requirements.
• Manages and ensure proper file management of all expediting documentation and communication in the procurement file
• Communicates with requesting unit or department personnel in person, by telephone or in writing when discrepancies appear on unit/department’s purchase requisitions and modifies forms accordingly to ensure adherence with company’s procurement processes
• Communicates with vendors to interpret, clarify, inform and resolve procurement issues.
• Monitors vendors/contractors performance to ensure compliance with all contractual terms and conditions. Communicates with departmental manager on recommendations to resolve vendor performance issues.
• Ensure authorized signatory approvals are followed, and purchase order/change orders are prepared and issued with applicable attachments.
• Review and issue purchasing reports such as inquiry status summary, purchase order list and other reports as required.
• Identify vendors for vendor alignment and participate in vendor alignment meetings where necessary.
• Maintains good relationships with vendors to provide the maximum utilization of their expertise, ideas, methods and material application in order to achieve maximum cost savings.
• Assists the QAQC Unit, evaluates existing vendors as well as develops new vendors and prepare the master vendor list where necessary.
• Perform other duties as required and or assigned.
A good university first degree is required.
• Good managerial and multitasking skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good bargaining, pricing and negotiation skills.
• Effective time management skills
• Problem solving, data literacy and analytical skills
• Good vendor management skills
• Good team spirit skills
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply