RusselSmith is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
RusselSmith Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Officer
Job Reference Code: COM-17-001
Job Type: Full-Time
Summary of Functions
- Assists in preparation of bids and ensures conformity to tender requirements.
- Responsible for compiling data for preparing estimates; examining performance requirements, delivery schedules, estimates cost of materials, equipment, and production to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Assists in providing business advice and guidance to others on contracting work and prepare correspondence that supports contractual actions and recommendations.
- Review project plans to assure performance is measured against plans.
- Collate and compute weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual data on contracts quotes and actual spend.
- Bid Preparation, Submission and Reporting- Liaising between the company and NIPEX, Client or other relevant bodies on project bids, applications and tender in the upstream sector of the industry.
- Assists in building pricing spreadsheet models and in the preparation of pricing charts.
- Drafting required documents to accomplish proper contract administration, and answering Management queries.
- Assists in maintaining conformed copies of tender documentation within organizational responsibility.
- Advises relevant departments on documentation for company projects as per contractual obligations. Works closely with the respective departments to implement and ensure the fulfillment of contracts needs.
- Follow up to ensure purchase orders and contracts are received and duly filed in defined folders
- Manage the file management system, control of records and document control processes
- Coordinate the completion, issuance, filing and archiving of mobilization/demobilization forms and acknowledgement
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure sales requests are followed up and required services are completed in timeframes acceptable to the customer
- Maintaining and expanding good relationships with existing customers
- Reports- Generate and or updates required meeting notes i.e. departmental and other meetings as required.
- Completing administrative work, as required. Manages the department’s office stationeries and equipment; make requisitions for new or additional stationeries and equipment as appropriate.
- Ensure that all proposals/applications submitted to NIPEX, Client or other relevant bodies are in compliance with statutory requirements and are submitted as at when due to the relevant agencies.
- Manage and update the sales order database, sales pipeline, project cost tracking sheet, sales order tracker report and prospects database
- Prepares and processes sales orders and submits for invoicing within 48hours of project(s) demobilization or 48hours of month end for recurring projects and that the information is correct and accurate.
- Ensure timely collection and submission of daily and or monthly progress reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- A good university first degree is required
- 0-2 years
- Good Communication and Presentation Skills
- Good Business Writing & Reporting Skills
- Exhibits Initiative and Proactive
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
- Client Relationship Management
- Quality control the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and security the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of transaction of sale and purchase goods and services
- Good Relational and Interpersonal Skills.
- Good Team Spirit and Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Quantitative Skills i.e. Statistics & Data Analysis Skills
- Good Reasoning skills; Multi-tasking & Organizational Skills
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply