An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following
Job Title: Roving Procurement Officer
- Ensure that the procurement process strictly follows the International Development Organization rules and regulations.
- Maintain a file system for procurements to allow for efficient documentation and process audits and maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors.
- Process procurements according to rules and regulations.
- Maintain strict control of budgets, and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including, such as delivery receipts.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation of related expenses under grants.
- Prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliveries are complete and timely.
- Maintain files, including: proposal, evaluation, award documents, official contracts and correspondence of all procurements, following policy and local law.
- Assist with preparation of Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Work with vendors of goods and services to ensure quality.
- Assist with invitations to potential vendors to compete offers for the purchase of goods or services including under grants, either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanism that ensures high standards of transparency.
- Participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- University degree in related field is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in IDO funded programs
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
How to Apply
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
(You can send the email yourself or use the Apply Now button below to send your application to the Recruiter)