The Rivers State Government through the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the Consultancy Services of:
Job Title: Senior SIFMIS Financial Management Specialist
Reference No: RV/SFR/SSFMS/IC/2016/02A
Credit No: 50220 UNI
Project ID: P121455
Scope of Service
The Senior SIFMIS Financial Management Specialist’s scope of work will include:
- Providing advice on the overall reform issues as they relate to Rivers State financial management in general and in particular those reforms under SEEFOR.
- Ensure attainment of performance indicators agreed with the World Bank. Specifically, make sure that the Public Accounts are available within three months of the year end.
- Assist in the finalization of the Sustainability strategy and take a leading role in the implementation of the Strategy. The SFMS will work with the SIFMIS Coordinator to draw up a comprehensive training plan on SIFMIS operation and management for end users, to be implemented by the SIFMIS consultants. The SFMS will monitor the training plan to ensure that objectives and targets are achieved.
- Assist with the development, agreement and implementation of a data conversion and consolidation strategy that will enable the production of auditable financial accounts off the SIFMIS.
- Providing technical support and playing a quality assurance role during the design, build, testing and implementation of all the modules on the SIFMIS application. This will involve designing and implementing a suitable quality assurance program.
- Ensuring that the application build complies with all internal and external solution design requirements including statutory requirements.
- Assist in overseeing planned activities for ensuring the sustainability of the SIFM IS implementation.
- Ensuring and advising on the integrity of data, reports and accounting procedures and treatment pertaining to the SIFMIS.
- Assist in the identification of issues and problems in the SIFMIS application build and the finding of suitable solutions.
- Assist the SIFMIS Coordinator on any change requests that may need to be processed in respect of any change variations in the application build.
- Throughout the duration of the Project, assisting the SIFMIS Coordinator to identify risks to the Project and the formulation of strategies to manage such risks.
- Advising and assisting the Accountant General to define and formulate appropriate Government financial management standards that are consistent with new practices and methods in Public financial management.
- Assist the SIFMIS Coordinator in ensuring that all system documentation expected from the Supplier is delivered or developed including establishing criteria to be applied to review and evaluate all such documents.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a strategy to harmonize the legal, regulatory and institutional framework for public sector financial management and any other procedural documentation required in supporting the SIFMIS implementation and operation.
- Ensuring, under the direction of the SIFMIS Coordinator, that appropriate security and internal controls are implemented including all application and processing controls.
- Assist in the establishment of a review and audit process by determining the tvoe and nature of reviews and audits that are to be conducted during the implementation of the SIFMIS. This will also include the identification of Quality Assurance reports that are to be produced throughout the implementation and their uses.
- Carrying out any such other duties that will be assigned by the SIFMIS Coordinator in line with the improvement of financial management (technical and functional aspects) for Rivers State Government.
- The Rivers State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services.
- Interested individuals should provide information (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar environments, etc.) demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The selection criteria include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline especially accounting, business administration or accounting is required. Possession of an advanced degree (Masters) is preferred.
- Minimum of 5years’ experience with solid understanding of business practices, business process/system analysis and design, preferably for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and/or financial management systems in Africa but preferably within Nigeria.
- At least 5 years’ solid experience in accounting and financial management activities at senior management/advisory level.
- Applicants with experience in public sector activities and design and implementation or quality assurance of IT-based financial management policies, procedures and information systems in
- Government will have an added advantage.
- Professionally qualified accountant with current membership in a professional accounting body that is a member of the International Federation of Accountants.
- A proven track record of successful management of application build, testing, implementation and quality assurance activities of large-scale ERP financial management system is required. Public sector experience in this area will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below or by e-mail:
The Project Coordinator,
Rivers State Employment & Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project,
No. 10 Odi Street, Old GRA,
Email: [email protected]
- Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours (9.00am – 4.00pm; Monday through Friday).
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants) by World Bank Borrowers (January, 2011)
Application Deadline 10th June, 2016.