IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Job Title: Risk Manager
The Risk Manager is responsible for partnering with the business leadership team to ensure the strategic vision of IHS is developed with consideration for the risks involved, and proactively manage the risk/reward equation.
IHS Towers prescribes to an enterprise-wide risk management view of risk, and hence, the scope of the risks assessed encompasses any event that could cause deviation from the stated strategic objectives of the organization.
The Risk Manager’s responsibility also includes ensuring the Risk and Control Framework (CF1) is effectively deployed and that planned actions (to mitigate risk) are effectively implemented.
The incumbent must be able to manage challenges arising from prioritizing other assigned projects.
Reporting to the Director od Audit and Risk (and the Executive Risk Management Committee you will:
- Drive organization-wide Risk Management initiatives and programs.
- Co-ordinate and review (overall) risk management activities within IHS Towers
- Monitor organization’s risk environment
- Liaise with risk champions in all IHS markets on risk status and feedback basis of compliance or non-compliance
- Ensure accurate updates of risk items identified on risk management system are effected
- Facilitate risk assessments, evaluation of risks, and mitigation of risks and ownership in IHS Towers
- Co-ordinate and ensure the identification, consolidation and reports on anomalies, common and future potential risks
- Report identified risks and the status of risk mitigation actions back to senior executives
- Implement strategies for the roll-out of Risk Management Process in alignment with the Group Risk and Control Framework (CF1)
- Implement and ensure continuous improvements to risk management framework in alignment with group strategy.
- Responsible for increasing risk awareness throughout the organization
- Responsible for the implementation of risk policies, procedures and standards
- Work with the Group Director, Audit & Risk to ensure the organization proactively determines which risks it will accept and retain, and hence actively manage.
- Assist the Group Director, Audit & Risk in ensuring the risk management framework is pervasive across all of the internal control structures across IHS Towers (e.g., legal, compliance, financial controllership, corporate audit).
- Provide timely and comprehensive feedback to the Group Director, Audit & Risk on the implementation of assigned engagements
- Manage relationships with other departments.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree (or related) in business, social science and related discipline
- ACA, CIA, CRMA or relevant professional qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in risk management, internal auditing, external auditing and/or compliance monitoring in a reputable organisation with at least 1-2 years in a supervisory role.
- Prior Telecommunications or Telecoms Infrastructure exposure is an added advantage.
- Understanding of risk management and internal control framework and experience in applying them to business processes.
- Ability to build consensus across various constituencies and achieve results through the effort of others
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Exhibit leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to [email protected] indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.