Konga.com is Nigeria’s largest online marketplace. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of ecommerce and trade in Africa.
We serve an ever expanding customer base, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, Healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Revenue Analysis and Reporting Specialist Vacancy at Konga
Job Position: Specialist – Revenue Analysis and Reporting
Ref No: 150817-1
Job Type: Full-Time
Reporting Line Analyst: Revenue Analysis and Reporting
- The Role entails accounting for revenue and other income, cost of sales, unearned revenue and receivables.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Revenue Reporting Specialist function shall include but not limited to the followings:
- Ensure that the cash inflow from all the sources are completely captured and accounted in the SAP.
- Comply with established internal controls.
- Review the weekly/monthly reconciliation of revenue to cash collection.
- Review the weekly/monthly reconciliation of collections to remittance.
- Review Sales income reports from all stations of the organisation across operational regions, as well as the distribution to merchants according to agreed commissions.
- Review the summarised monthly revenue/COGS/Margin report.
- To monitor sales income and ensure regular and prompt updates on delivered orders on a daily basis.
- Recognition of B2B receivables, Merchant Commission receivables and prepare receivable age analysis and follow up on long outstanding debts.
- Ensure provision for doubtful debts is properly accounted for.
- Review Customer wallet liability and unused voucher liability schedules.
- Ensure prompt update of all banking transaction in the SAP.
- Review of the calculations for cost of sales / margin on all SKU
- Provide supporting documents, records and schedules to meet audit and regulatory requirements.
- Any other duties as required by the organisation
- Co-ordinating financial postings into the company’s books
- Ensuring the correctness and Integrity of data processing in the SAP.
- Ensuring that periodic recurring postings are captured
- Supervision, maintenance and analysis of general ledger account balances
- Development, preparation and review of effective account analysis which includes clear & concise variance analysis explanations
- Participate in the accounting close process to reduce redundant closing activities and tasks in order to decrease the amount of time required to close
- Participate in a variety of value added initiatives, including but not limited to financial systems improvements, process enhancements, accounting structures for new business models and relationships and reconciliation diagnostics.
- Ensuring that transactions and reports, under responsibility, are prepared in compliance with Company policies & procedures and relevant IFRS, IAS and GAAP.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
Skills & Competencies
- At least 5 years’ experience comprising:
- 4 years post NYSC experience in a Finance function.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Experience in using an ERP (SAP) system is desirable
Knowledge (include technical knowledge):
- Maintaining Accounting Day Books and Ledgers
- Preparation of Monthly/Periodical Financial Statements
- Analysing of Financial Statements
- Implementation of ERP
Qualifications & Experience
- B.Sc./HND Finance/Accounting or any Business related field.
- Part Professional Accounting qualification required. Full qualification will be an added advantage (ICAN. ACCA, CIMA, CPA, Others)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2015.