Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more.
Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries, we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin America, Australia, India and the Caribbean.
Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why ‘celebrating life every day, everywhere’ is at the core of what we do.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Retail Sales Manager Job Vacancy at Diageo
Job Position: Retail Sales Manager
Level: L6 (MS1)
Reports To: AREA SALES MANAGER
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity
This role is based in Northeast Nigeria
Purpose of Role:
- To support GNPLC’s business objectives through the effective management of designated sales territory with a focus on high value outlets including implementation of all sales activities/programmes in the retail sales territory
- Responsible for the account management and activation of high value outlets and hypermarkets
- To spot sell to fill sales gaps in the outlets (across the entire portfolio) and to pre-sell
- Ensures achievement of QDVPPP sales drivers for Territory
- Ensures sales out of distributors/market share growth are achieved via monitoring the RRS scheme, excellent execution of promotions. Ensures promotional activity is in the right outlets and well managed. Has to keep and update a database of outlets within the territory.
- Ensure effective customer/ business development to counter competitive activities in these outlets
- Has accountability for POS materials, Chillers, Light signs etc deployed in retail outlets within sales territory.
- Ensures at a minimum, once a quarter reviews of RSE, SR & VSR routes, inclusion of new outlets.
- Manages Recommended Price Compliance in outlets and ensures the retail redistribution standards are adhered to by distributors
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate with minimum 1 year commercial expertise gained across Sales / Consumer Marketing or Sales Management.
- Good inter personal skills
- Geographically mobile.
- Healthy and physically fit.
- Experienced driver with valid license
- High level awareness of the application of Health & Safety Standards
- Good communication skills –written and verbal. Suitable candidate must also be fluent in Hausa
- Good IT skills
- High degree of integrity
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Essential to spend time in the Field with customers and consumers-essential to stay in touch with the market and the competition
- Limited or no knowledge of the Northeast region.
- Unwillingness to flex schedule to align with business hours of retailers and distributors
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply