Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more.
Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries, we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin America, Australia, India and the Caribbean.
Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why ‘celebrating life every day, everywhere’ is at the core of what we do.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Retail Sales Executive Job Opening at Diageo
Job Position: Retail Sales Executive
Level: L7 (G7)
Reports To: RETAIL SALES MANAGER
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity.
This role is based in Northeast Nigeria.
Purpose of Role:
To support GNPLC’s business objectives through the effective management of designated sales territory with a focus on low value outlets including implementation of all sales activities/programmes in the retail sales territory and activation of Basic sales drivers (price compliance, distribution, basic visibility)
- Responsible for the account management and activation of low value outlets and hypermarkets
- Listing of innovations and ability to pre-sell
- Ensure achievement of Basic sales drivers (price compliance, distribution, basic visibility) for Territory
- Ensures sales out of distributors/market share growth are achieved via monitoring the RRS scheme, excellent execution of promotions. Ensures promotional activity is in the right outlets and well managed. Has to keep and update a database of outlets within the territory.
- Ensure effective customer/ business development to counter competitive activities in these outlet .
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Candidate must be a graduate (HND/Bachelor’s Degree).
- Good communication skills in –written and verbal. Suitable candidate must also be fluent in Hausa and conversant with the northeast region of Nigeria.
- Geographically mobile.
- Healthy and physically fit.
- Experienced driver with valid license
- Candidate must have good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- High degree of integrity
- Good inter personal skills
Barriers to Success in Role
- Limited knowledge of the Northeast region.
- Essential to spend time in the Field with customers and consumers-essential to stay in touch with the market and the competition
- Unwillingness to flex schedule to align with business hours of retailers and distributors.
- Low level of drive or personal leadership.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply