The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous. RAND is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and committed to the public interest.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research Project Manager (RPM)
- We are seeking an experienced Research Project Manager (RPM) to oversee project implementation and data collection over a two- year period for a research study.
- This randomized controlled tnal addresses the issue of task shifting among health care providers and seeks to answer the question of how access to physician care impacts outcomes.
- The RPM is expected to begin work in July 2016 and will be based in one of the four study states (likely Kano).
- He/she will be in regular communication with the study principal investigator on all matters related to implementation of the study.
- He/She will be responsible for management of all field activities, including liaising with stakeholders (such as the NYSC and State Ministries of Health), hiring field staff, and coordination and oversight of implementation and data collection in four states.
- Specific responsibilities include supervision of field coordinators, assisting with the training of field staff, coordinating the logistics of the field work with field coordinators, tracking the progress of data collection across states, addressing any disciplinary issues that arise among field staff, and ensuring data quality.
- Phd or Master’s level education, preferably in Public Health, Sociology, Economics, or Demography.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing staff.
- Strong people- management skills.
- Well organized.
- Documented experience managing project implementation.
- Previous experience coordinating primary data collection in Nigeria is desirable.
The position is full time and will require frequent travel. Compensation will be based on training and experience but will be around N250-N300k per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV’s (include up to three reference) and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications will be considered as they come in until the position is filled.
Application Deadline 21st April, 2016.