The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is a pan-African financial institution with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re has a continental network of regional and local offices in Lagos (Nigeria), Casablanca (Morocco), Nairobi (Kenya), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Ebène (Mauritius), Cairo (Egypt) and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) as well as two subsidiaries: Africa Re (South Africa) Ltd in Johannesburg and Africa Retakaful Ltd in Cairo (Egypt).
We are recruiting to fill the position of a qualified candidate in his Head Office in Lagos State (Nigeria):
Job Title: Research Officer
- The successful candidate shall be based in Lagos (Nigeria) with the possibility of redeployment to another Production Centre within the Africa Re Group.
- Reporting directly to the Director of Central Operations and Special Risks, the successful candidate will strengthen market intelligence and provide relevant market information to Production Centres to facilitate marketing activities.
- The duties shall comprise amongst others
- Market Intelligence & analysis reporting
- Support in the development of Training Materials and Presentations
- Assist in the publication of Articles in the Corporate Magazine & Newsletter.
- Analysis of performance of Competitors & peers
- Market research, Data Gathering & Circulation
- Client relationship management and support
- Sound knowledge in data analysis and interpretation of financial statements;
- Very Good reporting skills;
- Disciplined, Reliable, with very high Integrity and good sense of responsibility;
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to quickly build good and sustainable relationship with stakeholders;
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Data/Statistical Analysis Software (SPSS, SAS, R etc) are required. Knowledge of any other business-related software will be an added advantage
- Good supervisory and Problem solving skills with Capacity for taking initiatives
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills, as well as proven writing skill
- Organizational skills and Ability to multitask
- Curiosity and Proven fast-learning ability
- Flexibility, Adaptability, Creativity and Innovation
Qualifications and Professional Experience
Applicants shall be holders of:
- Relevant Professional qualifications in the below disciplines is an advantage
- Cognate knowledge and work experience in Insurance/Reinsurance industry
- Cognate work experience in financial services is an added advantage
- Verifiable published works will be an added advantage.
- First University degree plus Masters in relevant fields plus 4 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis in a numerate discipline preferably in Insurance, Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics Or
- First University degree in relevant fields plus full professional qualification, plus 4 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis in a numerate discipline preferably in Insurance, Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics Or
- First University degree in relevant field plus 7 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis in a numerate discipline preferably in Insurance, Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics Relevant Professional qualifications in the above disciplines is an advantage.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English language
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level PS1
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Exemption from taxes and duties (diplomatic status of an international civil servant) – if non-Nigerian National;
- Home leave to country of origin every two years paid by the employer (if non-Nigerian National) ;
- Duty Post Differential (Cost of Living Allowance), that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation, paid in local currency.
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 19th October, 2015.