The Center for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA) is an independent, non-partisan public policy think-tank committed to rigorous research through which public policies and processes are examined and best practices disseminated. CPPA aims to help sub-Saharan African governments, institutions, and businesses create innovative policy solutions to development challenges.
Position: Research Associate
Call for Experts
The Centre for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA) is an independent, non-partisan public policy think-tank committed to rigorous research to support public policy. CPPA aims to provide technical expertise to Nigeria and other sub-Saharan African governments, institutions, and businesses create innovative policy solutions to development challenges.
CPPA seeks to identify experts with in-depth knowledge and experience of selected topics related to development challenges of Nigeria. They will carry out academically rigorous research and preparation of technical papers to support national dialogue and policy development. Areas of focus includes; Education, Economic Diversity, Infrastructural Development and Disparity in Development. An understanding of socio-economic challenges for development and sectoral interdependence is pertinent to the assignment.
Qualifications/specialization and experience required:
The organizational prospective experts must have relevant experience in research with a PhD in social sciences, education, public policy and related work experience of approximately 7 years.
- The expert must be a PhD holder or doctoral student with research experience or demonstrated experience in the broad themes listed above
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences
- Experts must have written and published papers in related field.
- Ability to support a knowledge sharing and learning culture.
- Expert must be African residing in Nigeria.
Experts interested in this call are required to send at least a three (3) page concept note demonstrating an in-depth understanding on one of the following broad themes; Education, Economic Diversity, Infrastructural Development and Disparity in Development. Submission should made to [email protected] with the subject “Call for Experts’’ not later than two weeks from the date of this publication.
Duration of assignment: Short term