A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a national engineering, environmental consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations.
Job Title: Relay Technician (Utility)
General Description Of Position
This individual will perform the work associated with and including, but not limited to, the installation, testing, inspection, calibration, and repair of all system protection devices, transducers, and equipment (microprocessor based and electronic relays, circuits, protective controls, switchboards, and other substation equipment) on Client s’ electric transmission and distribution systems.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Install, test, inspect, calibrate, and repair all electronic relays, circuits, system protection devices, transducers, and equipment (microprocessor based and electric relays, protective controls, switchboards, and other substation equipment); Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and remote terminals.
- Diagnose electrical and electronic problems; interpret manufacturer’s drawings, equipment manuals, or diagrams; and determine the proper course of action to complete corrective and preventive maintenance, as required, for the safe and efficient operation of all system protection equipment.
- Consult with manufacturer’s technical support to determine proper repair or maintenance procedures.
- Complete and deliver accurate reports and information as required for TRC reporting requirements.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in and around the relay and substation work areas and assist others in maintaining tools, equipment, and other work-related materials in proper working condition.
- Perform functional verification of protective schemes and equipment.
- Performs additional duties as required to support department goals and projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply