Diageo is the name behind many of the World’s best loved drinks including Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Malta Guinness, J&B, Gordons Gin and Tanqueray.
Africa Regional Markets (ARM) is a Diageo business made up of over 40 markets across the breadth of Africa. The business models range from fully integrated demand and supply businesses in Ghana and Cameroun, newly integrated businesses in Ethiopia and Mozambique to Partnerships in a number of West, Central and Southern African countries and Angola.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Regulatory Affairs Manager Vacancy at Diageo
Job Position: Regulatory Affairs Manager (Temporary Placement)
The role of the Regulatory Affairs Manager is to bring focus to those issues that can have a positive or negative influence on business, depending on how they are managed.
Working within the CR function, this role will support and advise the business on all aspects of regulation, legislative change and political issues. Working closely with the Innovation and brand teams, the Quality department and other teams, the role will assist in positioning the business to influence legislative and regulatory changes. In addition it will assist the business in understanding and interpreting various laws and policies and to maintain a consistent approach to external stakeholder and regulatory management. The aim is to ensure that regulatory management is aligned to the strategic plans of the business.
The role requires a deep understanding of the business and the political and regulatory environment. It also requires an understanding of regional trade policies, governments and political processes and a track record of dealing with government officials and regulatory authorities.
This role will be looking to make a significant contribution to the business
- The role sits in Lagos but involves travel across the country
- The role has responsibility for removing obstacles and fostering opportunities in the regulatory framework for the business and for managing relationships with stakeholders especially on regulatory issue.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to ensure that Guinness Nigeria has the strategic policy and external stakeholder engagement processes in place to support a proactive, strategic approach to achieving its mandate and vision. The role will work on corporate policy development (i.e. providing advice and support and developing policies and guidelines to strengthen relationships with external stakeholders).
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Lead and manage Guinness Nigeria’s corporate interests in the area of regulatory affairs within the market.
- Collaborate with industry bodies and other stakeholders to ensure Guinness Nigeria’s representation and integration on policy and external relations activities.
- Provide advice and support to industry bodies that play a leadership role in regulatory relations
- Coordinate and monitor the development and implementation of regulatory policies, for example, Nigeria Standards with SON, NAFDAC, and CODEX ensuring a consistent approach across Nigeria.
- To support Guinness Nigeria on all aspects of regulatory relations.
- To facilitate relationship development with relevant external stakeholders and regulators in order to support Guinness Nigeria’s business strategies and objectives.
- To drive relationships relevant to the regulatory environment in order to support business opportunity
Qualifications and Experience Required
- First degree
- Minimum of 5 years regulatory experience
- High level computer literacy
- Outstanding interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship management – ability to achieve results through others
- Capability to develop/capture and shape research and data (academic and statistical) and concepts around policy development.
- Relationships with regulators across Nigeria will be an added advantage.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of appropriate relationships / advocacy experience
- Inability to think/act strategically, creatively and proactively
- Inability to see the bigger picture and understand business goals
- Requirement for extensive direction
- Poor judgment and relationship building skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online