Environmental health remained unregulated in Nigeria over the years until 2002, when the democratic government then decided to grant it professional recognition through the enactment of the Environmental Health Officers(Registration, etc) Act 11 of 2002. The Act established the Council charged with the responsibility of regulating Environmental Health profession in Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Registrar Job Opening at Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria
Job Position: Registrar
- General administrative responsibility for the day today running of the Council m accordance with the enabling Act and in line with Council decisions.
- Preparation and maintenance of register of names, addresses, approved qualifications and such other particulars of all persons registered as members of the profession
- Implementation of Council decisions
- Secretary to Council -Convene and keep minutes of the proceedings at all meetings of the Council and other committees of Council.
- The candidate for disposition must be hardworking, have a dynamic personality and leadership qualities.
- Must have sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have initiative, the ability to work for long and attunes irregular ours without supervision.
- Must demonstrate a good knowledge of the use of computer (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Eligible candidate must be a licensed Environmental Health Officer in Nigeria with practice seal and not less than 20 years’ experience as Environmental Health Officer.
- A master’s degree in environmental Health science or related discipline shall be an advantage.
- Applicants who are working or have worked for a Federal government agency or a similar organization have added advantage.
- Possess either the Royal Society of Health (RSH) Diploma for Environmental Health Officers in West Africa or West African Health Examinations Board (WAHEB) Diploma for Environmental Health Officers in West Africa.
- In addition, a good honours degree in Environmental Health science or related discipline (Public Health, Microbiology, Chemistry, Nutrition, Environmental Management, Health Education etc) from a recognised University
Condition of Service
The post is pensionable in line with the contributory pension scheme of government. Successful candidate will be subject to the conditions of services of the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria which the Council may from time to time amend and which are similar to those obtainable in similar regulatory bodies as is applicable in the Federal Service in Nigeria.
Salary Scale for the Post
The post attracts (Topsal Salary scale).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in typewritten applications addressed to the Chairman Environmental Health Officers Registration Council enclosing the following:
- One Copy of their Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of Educational qualifications
- Evidence of Registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria.
- Photocopies of practice licenses from 1996 to date.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate or statutory declaration of Age.
Application Closing Date
23rd of July, 2015.