At Huawei, we define human progress by innovations that enrich humanity. We do not view connectivity as a privilege, but a necessity. We believe that the impact of information and communications technology should be measured by how many people can benefit from it.
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Regional Operation Lead Vacancy at Huawei
Job Position: Regional Operation Lead
- Oversee the country maintenance and support in line with banking industry customer’s overall business strategy.
- Assist PD, SDM and IT Infra Manager, in communicating the division’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff. Translate the strategy into specific deliverables for the unit.
- Assist in the definition of banking industry customer’s IT strategy, plans, policies, projects and service levels.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the unit’s activities.
- Continuously review the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the implementation of the IT division’s policies and procedures and ensure the overall efficiency of the team’s service delivery.
- Coordinate liaison with the help desk to ensure prompt issues resolution in line with agreed service levels as regards user support (quick turnaround times on logged calls).
- Develop and monitor a proactive maintenance cycle on all applications and ensure regular updates of application documentation.
- Ensure adherence to SLAs by IT vendors.
- Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to the unit’s policies, standards and guidelines and take action as required.
- Implement the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, IT.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- First Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Eight (8) to twelve (12) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online