Regenesys Business School is ranked one of the top 5 business schools of South Africa (PMR Africa, 2015). Regenesys offers business and public sector programmes ranging from Higher Certificates to Masters degrees, including our flagship MBA.
Since 1998, we have educated over 100 000 students from over 1 000 of the most reputable global organisations, across 150 countries. Amongst these are Microsoft, BMW, Coca Cola, the European Union, the South African Presidency, Toyota, Tigerbrands, Standard Bank, Nedbank, the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, Anglo American, South African Revenue Services, BP, Sun International, BHP Billiton, Spar, FNB, Stanbic and many other major corporate, government and development sector organisations.
Job Title: National Sales Manager
Position Purpose Statement
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will plan long term and short term sales strategy in line with company objectives. The role will deliver agreed volume and value objectives for all products and work actively with distributors to ensure that sales plans reflect integration of channels/REs across the market. The role will also lead, coach and motivate the sales team for maximum performance.
2. Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
(a) Knowledge including: education, qualifications and training
- · Good first degree in any related discipline from a reputable institution. Higher degree(s) , such as MBA, will be an advantage
- · Minimum of twelve (12) years’ relevant experience with at least 2 years in a similar role, preferably in multinational FMCG environment
- · Strong strategic orientation, demonstrable leadership, negotiation, interpersonal and financial management skills
- · Good communication (verbal & written) skills. Ability to communicate in local dialect of the territory is essential
- · Great people management skills
- · Good interpersonal skills
- · Ability to work under intense pressure
- · Outstanding skills in the areas of leadership, coaching, mentoring, motivation and communication.
- · Highly developed influencing skills capable of communicating the big picture in approachable language and motivating people at all levels in the business.
- · Ability to generate true partnerships with other functional leaders.
- · Strong analytical, interpretive and decision making skills.
- · Experience in managing a geographically dispersed organisation, and an instinctive sense of where to focus across branches and regions.
3. Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Plan sales strategy in line with the objectives set out in the Sales Operations Plan and agreed with Managing Director
- Effectively manage company sales for growth, market share and profit for the business.
- Engage sales team and distributors to drive and deliver overall sales objective and growth agenda.
- Provide strategic direction to the sales team
· Planning and controlling of sales activities in compliance to company policy
- Be responsible for the P&L– budget preparation, fund management and cost control
- Lead the distributor selection process and performance review
- Establish high level network with distributors and competitors which enables pick up of significant industry information and plan to increase distribution of key priority SKUs and maximise distributor / wholesale activities
- Lead sales team to manage the selling and merchandising agents to ensure that company sales and merchandising standards are maintained
- Maintain and develop positive customer relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Lead and develop the next level of leadership in Sales by “drawing out” and engaging talented people to help release their potential
- Drive the implementation of capability improvement plans for the sales team in line with company guidelines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply