The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Facilities Maintenance Section:
Job Title: Refrigeration / Air-Conditioning Mechanic, FSN-4/FP-AA*
Work Hours: Full-time; 48 hours/week
- The incumbent is assigned to the Facility Maintenance Section Refrigeration / Air- Conditioning Shop. S/he is responsible to the Maintenance Foreman for all assigned duties as an Air Conditioning Mechanic in the trade.
- The program is to install, diagnose faulty equipment/systems, and make repairs on large systems that provide for a variety of air conditioning functions such as cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, cleaning, filtering, circulation and repair of appliances.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary / Technical school is required. Completion of vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman in refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic skill is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year journeyman mechanic experience is required.
- Level II (Limited knowledge) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Full journeyman mechanic knowledge in air-conditioning and refrigeration is required.
- Must be able to use all types of air-conditioning and refrigeration tools.
- A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Or – Ordinarily Resident – N 3,599,599.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-4
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM-US$24,763.00, EFM-U$24,763.00, Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-AA*
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
All Applications should be Submitted to: [email protected]
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 13th November, 2015