VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our highimpact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Manager
- Responsible for recruitment of all employees, consultants and volunteers (national; ICS, International, E-volunteers) working closely with program team as part of program cycle.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- Experienced recruiter having a minimum of 5 years’ relevant recruitment experience
- Degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field
- Familiar with using recruitment management systems for identifying, sourcing and on boarding quality candidates.
- Outstanding interview, assessment and candidate management skills
- Ability to develop and implement efficient recruitment processes across multiple locations.
Recruitment of Staff & Volunteers:
- Lead role in supporting programme and hiring managers in developing job descriptions, updating jobs in VSO’s recruitment system.
- Lead role for capacity building of the Country Office on good practice on recruitment and in line with VSO global policy.
- Coordinate with the Youth Programme Manager on projecting and planning appropriate ICS in-country volunteer demands and followup with the necessary recruitment processes.
- Coordinate with Youth Programmes Manager as well as ICS colleagues in UK on appropriate matching of UK volunteers with Nigerian volunteers
- Negotiate offers and finalise all employment terms and contracts in consultation with People and Operations Manager and hiring managers (as applicable)
- Monitor country office recruitment plans for each program and maintain status reports for reference by country management team and Global Recruitment and Selection Manager.
- Provide the Country Director and Recruitment and Selection Manager with accurate monthly update.
- Credible reference point for recruitment methodology in country.
- Provide advice to partner organisations on VSO recruitment processes.
- Manage screening & short-listing of applicants. (International, ICS, Employees, consultants)
- Lead role in Planning and facilitating interviews with Country Office panels and participating in interview panels (as applicable)
- Ensure preparation of job specific interview guides in collaboration with Hiring manager.
- Lead responsibility for the relationship management of the candidate country office level
- Manage candidate communication in accordance with VSO policy and procedures
- Arrange the interviews of short-listed volunteer candidates and lead on coordinating the pre-arrival discussions with selected volunteer candidates.
- Work closely with country office teams to improve performance & workforce planning activities.
- Support global workforce Planning team in collating country specific data.
- Lead responsibility for workforce planning in the Country Office.
- Ensure Country Offices comply with workforce planning principle and delivery timelines.
- Support global Sourcing efforts by providing expertise on local labour market analysis, make contact with potential sources of skills and build resourcing partnerships.
- Work with programme development team in designing effective resourcing plans for projects and proposals.
- Track supply pipelines for country programs and communicate with sourcing team to address supply related concerns.
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer satisfaction level high -Country Director Program managers and Partner organisations.
- Country office maintains updated workforce plan.
- Role and placement descriptions are of quality, realistic and accurate.
- Maintains a high level of data integrity on VSO systems.
- Behavioural competency framework is understood and used appropriately in country by all involved in the recruitment process
- Effective, efficient customer focused recruitment service in place in country.
- Recruitment delivery targets for Country office are met and reported upon on a quarterly basis
- Hiring manager and Partner Organisations’ expectations are managed effectively regarding staff and volunteer availability
- Labour market analysis regularly undertaken with Sourcing team informing programme, country demand and forecasting.
- Country and individual recruitment performance targets met within the legal framework of the countries and within VSO policies and guidelines.
Working together – strength:
- Successfully leads teams and develops others’ team working skills
Communicating and influencing -Strength:
- Inspires others by: advocating plans and ideas within and outside VSO; maintaining a wide, influential network;
Managing knowledge – adds value:
- Proactively seeks out new knowledge sources (people and data); uses and shares knowledge effectively
Striving for excellence – strength:
- Leads initiatives to improve monitoring, evaluation and learning; is a role model for continuous learning and improvement.
Managing resources – adds value:
- Organises own and others’ work to meet objectives; clarifies accountability of roles; allocates budget wisely; seeks ways to generate and save money.
Thinking strategically – adds value:
- Continuous improvement mindset, with regular improvements suggested and implemented if appropriate in a timely manner.
- Makes decisions based on a range of internal and external factors and longterm impact; consults widely across disciplines.
Delivering results – strength:
- Effectively leads large teams or complex projects, generating a goal-oriented, problem solving team mentality and ensuring timely, high quality results.
Managing people – adds value:
- Builds an effective team with clear objectives; allocates work appropriately; deals with poor performance and recognises success.
Developing people – adds value:
- Helps team members to create and implement clear development plans that meet their own – and VSO’s -short and long term needs
Leading for the future – strength:
- Builds confidence and excitement in VSO’s work and vision, both internally and externally; leads innovative projects.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable Experience of managing an end to end recruitment process across a country/region, managing and filling vacancies appropriately.
- Experience of working with recruitment systems and ability to produce progress reports on a regular basis.
- Relevant academic qualifications.
- Experience of working with colleagues located dispersedly, able to build strong working relationships, gaining trust and mutual respect; being flexible, responding to perspectives and being assertive when appropriate.
- Experience of working with external recruitment suppliers and other people external to the organisation.
- Experience of cross-cultural working and an understanding of issues of diversity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Articulate, persuasive and concise.
- Experience of managing a budget and making cost savings.
- Customer focus mind-set, understanding and experience of importance of listening to, understanding and meeting the needs of customers.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft and Applicants Tracking Systems (APS)
- Attention to detail: strong attention to detail, ensuring work is correct and able to quality check work of others.
- Experience of working in a virtual team.
- Experience gained within a volunteering/Non Governmental Organisation context.
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values.
Interview/Assessment date(s) 5th April, 2016.
Start date 3rd May, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd April, 2016.