Hilton Worldwide is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 4,200 hotels, resorts and timeshare properties comprising more than 690,000 rooms in 93 countries and territories.
Hilton Worldwide is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Elevator Graduate Programme Middle East & Africa
Job Number: MEA0117G
Location: Hilton Worldwide – Dubai
What is the aim of the Programme?
- The Elevator General Manager programme aims to develop a group of talented, internationally mobile people and fast track them to General Management positions within 6-8 years of starting the Programme.
What will I do?
- Elevator consists of an 18-month training programme which encompassess two international 9-month placements.
- During your placements, you will combine operational, all-round experience working in the 4 main hotel business areas of Operations, Business Development, Human Resources and Finance.
- During Elevator your progress is constantly assessed, so you always know how you are developing.
- As the programme is so flexible, it will take into account all training that you have had to date and build on it, rather than making you repeat things unnecessarily.
- You will also participate in off-the-job training and have business driven projects to complete.
Where will I be?
- The location of your placements will depend on availability and the languages you speak.
When will I start?
- If you are successful you will start the programme in September 2016.
Learning & Development:
- During your 18-month training you will take part in four residential courses. As an Elevator participant you will also have access to the Hilton University, our on-line learning and development tool, through which you can complete e-learning courses, learn a language on-line and make use of our on-line business library.
Support all the Way:
- Elevator participants are supported throughout their career progression with the Elevator Mentoring Programme where senior managers within Hilton take on the role of Mentors.
Are you someone who is Smart? Passionate? Ambitious?
- These are the questions that we ask any potential candidate before they apply to the Elevator Programme.
There are also four main criteria for the General Manager’s Programme:
- You must have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent (preference will be given to individuals with hospitality-related experience)
- We are particularly keen to encourage applications from citizens of the MEA countries in which we operate
- You must have the desire to become a General Manager
- You must speak, read and write English and one other local MEA language fluently (Arabic and Turkish would be preferable)
- You must ideally be able to work within MEA and Turkey.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: As an internal candidate, you must have approval from your Regional Director of HR to apply for this programme and currently hold a non supervisory level position. We already have a number of fantastic internal management development programmes for team members of supervisory level or above.