- Under the general guidance and direction of the Resident Manager and or his delegate and within the limits of the established InterContinental Hotels Group policies and procedures, the Fitness Manager’s tasks are through promoting team work in the department, be able to deliver a clean hygienic, comfortable and safe facility to the clients and ensure the Fitness Centre is competitive and profitable facility
- Through delivery of a professional and customer focused service and be able to realise profits at minimum costs.
- Promotes the desired work culture around our five Winning Ways of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
Housekeeping, Laundry, Engineering, Front Office, Accounts and Human Resources/ Training Department etc., liaise with key departments.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain teamwork through staff motivation and good leadership skills.
- Controls costs.
- Advises the company on any improvements, sales and marketing drives and staffing matters.
- Ensures all clients in the fitness are able to use equipment safely and effectively.
- Receives, greets and welcomes all clients/guests.
- Carries out departmental orientation and training Fitness Centre staff to the required standards.
- Ensures all clients are made aware of the different Fitness Centre facilities offered.
- Maintains a safe hygienic environment.
- Compiles and submits daily and monthly revenue analyses to the Resident Manager.
- Monitors the testing and follow-up of the pool and Jacuzzi chemical level.
- Develops departmental budget and KPOs.
- Develops and implements departmental marketing and promotional plans.
- Ensures optimum levels in service, treatment, guest satisfaction, merchandise and marketing.
- Analyses and controls operating costs i.e. chemicals, towels, soap, lotion etc. and maintain quality.
- Performs Fitness Centre departmental induction, performance reviews and coaching.
- Responsible for ongoing fitness training, assessment and motivation of Fitness Centre members.
- Performs administrative duties such as attendance records, duty roosters, sales records and membership records.
- Performs any other related duties or projects as requested by management.
Human Resource Responsibilities (for those with subordinates)
- Works with Superior and Human Resource Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Duties include:
o Plans for future staffing needs
o Assists in recruiting in line with company guidelines
o Prepares detailed induction program for new staff
o Maintains comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation
o Ensures training needs analysis of Fitness Centre staff is carried out and training programmes are designed and implemented to meet needs
o Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
o Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self development.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:-
- Being attentive to guests.
- Accurately and promptly meets gust expectations.
- Understand and anticipate guest needs.
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Be able to promote the hotel (and InterContinental Hotels Group generally) products and services.
Winning Ways Culture
Do the Right Thing
We always do what we believe is right and have the courage and conviction to put it into practice, even when it might be easier not to. We are honest and straightforward and see our decisions through.
- We keep our promises and we don’t let people down
- We seek out the facts and trust our judgment
- We take decisions even when they’re difficult
Show We Care
We want to be the company that understands people’s needs better than anyone else in our industry. This means being sensitive to others, noticing the things that matter and taking responsibility for getting things right.
- We treat people as individuals
- We look and listen for the little things that make a difference
- We use our experience to find new ways to deliver great service
We aim to be acknowledged leaders in our industry, so we have built a team of talented people who have a real will to win. We strive for success and value individuals who are always looking for a better way to do things.
- We put our hearts into learning new things
- We challenge ourselves and those around us
- We always look for ways to improve
We believe that it’s the knowledge of our people that really brings our brands to life. While other companies may want to impose a rigid, uniform view of the world, we do not. Our global strength comes from celebrating local differences whilst understanding that some things should be kept the same.
- We welcome different perspectives and listen to everyone’s ideas
- We are respectful of all cultures and look to learn from others
- We play an active role in the communities in which we operate
Work Better Together
When we work together we are stronger. We’re at our best when we collaborate to form a powerful, winning team. We listen to each other and combine our expertise to create a strong, focused and trusted group of people.
- We work hard to develop excellent working relationships
- We think about what we do and how it might affect others
- We trust and support each other
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Familiarise yourself with the company vision and values which link to the model of desired behaviours that all employees are expected to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business KPOs.
- Have the desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.