The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The Institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University, and is in the process of setting up a Faculty of Law. In furtherance of regulatory requirements, the University invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill positions for its planned Law Program.
AUN is seeking for a permanent Records Officer. This position is a local one and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Records Officer Vacancy at The American University of Nigeria (AUN)
Job Position: Records Officer
Department: Human Resources & Planning
Summary of Position
- The position is responsible for updating and maintaining the integrity of employee records in the Human Resources Database.
- The position shall ensure that accurate employee records detailing any;
- Notices of commendation, warning or discipline
- Performance evaluations and reviews
- Changes in employee qualifications and trends in employee trainings
- Changes in job title, job description, job classification or supervisor
- The position shall report directly to the Coordinator of Employee Data Management
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining a personnel record for each employee
- Ensures that each individual has a complete personnel record
- Facilitates personnel records to be kept in a secured, locked area
- Coordinates the processes that current staff members may review their personnel record by making an appointment with Human Resources Director.
- Maintains confidentiality of employment records and sorting outdated records. Updates employees’ records and keeping daily records of employees.
- Records employee data and monitors departmental changes of staff for record updates.
- Plans record filing systems by creating hard-copy and electronic folders; files and retrieves information in accordance with departmental records management procedures.
- Manages the location and storage of records; conducts records audit; and organizes the disposal of records in accordance with their retention schedule.
- Enters the following documents as part of an employee’s personnel record:
- Cooperates with the payroll department to ensure that both expatriates and national employees’ needs are satisfactorily met.
- Develops and recommends file operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on the University policy, procedures and documentations.
- Ensures that access to information and records is controlled at all times in accordance to departmental policies.
- Processes all types of visas and immigration services for employees
- Assist in coordinating the internal work flow systems and procedures within the HR Department.
- Provides strategic and administrative advice and support to HR Officers as needed.
- Undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Signed and dated offer letter,- wage or salary information,- notices of commendation, warning or discipline,- performance evaluations and reviews,- attendance and paid time off records
- Changes in job title, job description, job classification or supervisor.
- Facilitates clerical and secretarial support to maintain the effective running of the records office.
- Writes, produces, edits, and distributes all appropriate contract documentation for new employees.
- Helps with implementation of services, policies and programs through HR staff and assists university managers on HR issues.
Requirements for the Position
- Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of Human Resource experience.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Experience with MS-Office.
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Confidentiality concerning personal files and records.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to:[email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
31st of July, 2015.