Resource Intermediaries Limited is a company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. The conceptual definition of the company is “easing business burdens”, which is the fundamental reason for our existence. In living this definition, we focus on three key areas; Human Resource Recruitment & Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services (Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and Finance & Accounting).
Resource Intermediaries Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE : Quantity Surveyor
Location : Nigeria
Category : Construction
Job Description :
Reporting Line: Head Projects
Manages all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures; minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- PREPARE BILL OF QUANTITY
- EVALUATION TENDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- PROCURE ALL MATERIALS FOR CONSTRUCTION
- PREPARE MATERIAL AND LABOUR ANALYSIS
- REVIEWING QUESTIONS
- COST AND QUALITY CONTROL
- CONSTRUCTION COST BUILDING TYPES
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of a terrain.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems GPS.
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities and assists with conducting quantity calculations as required.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Explore legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed and develop a database of all clients, blueprints and all survey information for easy tracking of information. .
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Liaise with Accounts, and relevant officers to acquire or lease surveying instruments that will ensure accuracy of data
- Identify all survey Hotspots in all the estates and ensure 100 accuracy in correcting them,
- Analyzes survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Train Project Assistants to have understanding of survey data, blueprints and interpretation, such that they can assist in collection of data and accurately implement survey report.
- Conduct research in surveying and mapping methods, using knowledge of techniques of photogrammetric map compilation and electronic data processing.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to manage: Project Management Operations
- Delivery of detailed project implementation plans
- Demonstrate knowledge on project management
- Project Deliverable/Activity forms/Job completion certificates
- Achieve 5% cost savings on project budget and provide evidence of budget monitoring.
- A Bachelor degree in Quantity surveying or any other related field.
- 4 – 6 years related work experience
- Experience in similar industry.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Must pay Attention to details
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have excellent numerate skills
- Must be able to work neatly and accurately
- Ability to work in a team
- Must exhibit energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent I.T skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 2016-03-15 00:00:00