Baywood Continental Limited (BCL) was incorporated in Nigeria as a private limited liability company in 1989 under Nigeria’s Companies’ and Allied Matters Act of 1968. It commenced operations in 1990 as a construction company in the Oil & Gas industry.
Over the years, BCL witnessed tremendous growth and has expanded its core competence to include Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation, Commissioning, Operations and Maintenance (EPICOM) services for Flowlines, Flowstations, Gas Plants, Pipelines & Terminals. It has rendered those services to Total, Shell, Chevron, Addax, NPDC, Exxonmobil and other companies.
The company has its head office in Lagos with fully functional bases in Warri and Port Harcourt and liaison base in Abuja. On its workforce are experienced and competent professionals with average of 25 years upstream oil & gas industry experience garnered from local and international practice. The company has purchased owned construction equipment to execute all oil and gas surface facility works from wellhead through flowstations, manifolds and pipelines to terminals.
As at June 2011, BCL has worked more than three (3) million manhours without a Lost Time Injury (LTI) from its current workforce of 650+ in various oil & gas skill pools.
Baywood Continental Limited has completed various multi-million US$ projects. It is currently executing a Tank Rehabilitation work and Swamp Pipeline Maintenance works for Shell. It is also in a Joint Venture with other companies to execute a 42” Gas Pipeline in the land area of the Niger Delta as well as to rehabilitate crude oil storage tanks for Chevron. To execute all these projects, it has established good financing relationships with some Nigerian Banks.
BCL is an ISO 9001 – 2000 certified company.
With the traction of the Nigerian Content Development Policy in the industry, BCL has repositioned itself to become EPICOM service provider of choice to the Oil & Gas industry.
Based on the emerging business offshoots of the oil industry, BCL sees a number of opportunities in new areas like Power, Gas and Renewable Energy etc and steps are being taken to mature these opportunities through international partnering and scaling up of the company’s capital base.
Our services at Baywood includes:
- Project Management
- Equipment Lease
Job Title: Quality Control Manager
- To work with other staff within organizations to determine and establish procedures and quality standards and to monitor these against agreed targets.
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications
- To set up customer service standards
- To specify quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers
- To help investigating and setting standards for quality/health and safety
- To ensure that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level
- To work with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures
- To act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality
- To assist with recording, analysing and distributing statistical information
- To help supervising technical or laboratory staff.
- To validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- B.Sc or HND in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Relevant work experience is highly desirable and may be gained via final year project work, work shadowing, sponsorship, vacation work or ‘year out’ placements.
- IRC A certifications in Quality, Environmental and OH&S Management Systems and experience as an Internal Auditor will be added advantages.
- Excellent technical, organisational, planning and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications via mail to [email protected], with the desired position as title, on/before closing date.
Application Deadline: 2nd November, 2015
Head Office: 72, Olorunlogbon Street, Anthony Village, Maryland, Lagos, Nigeria.
Port Harcourt Area Office: Km5 East-West Road, By INCO Filling Station, Rumuodara, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Warri Area Office: 7 Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) Road, Off Hospital Road Ekpan, Warri, Delta State, Nigeria
International Office: 88 Sherwood Common NW Calgary, T3R 1P9, Alberta, Canada.
email: [email protected]