The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers. The “Movement” is made up of the following components: the International Committee of the Red Cross, the National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Job Industry: Logistics/Procurement
Job Title: Purchaser/Logistics Assistant
Job Location: Abuja
- Ensure orders are delivered on time and items meet the specification required.
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) file according to ICRC standards.
- Responsible for quality of items purchased.
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers.
- Bachelor Degree, or Higher degree in Administration, Logistics, Purchasing or similar field.
- Similar work experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or in a humanitarian sector.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills
- Driving license
- Good knowledge of the local market
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Transparent and honest person
- Team leadership and good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability, able to work over time when needed
Application Closing Date:
19 May 2015
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to:
31 Pope John Paul II Street,
ICRC Yola Office,
No 5 Girei Street,
- Please clearly indicate “Purchaser/Logistics Assistant Abuja” on the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted