Bridge International Academies is transforming education by attacking one of the emerging world’s biggest problems: inadequate access to and quality of education for the children of families living on less than $2/day. Bridge utilizes a research-proven, scripted-learning education methodology coupled with big data (all teachers have tablets for instruction, assessment, and data-gathering) to profitably deliver high quality education at less than $6 per child per month.
Bridge International Academies offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting, ambitious, and socially conscious companies, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies. We look forward to getting to know you!
Job Position: Public Relations Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for proactive and reactive media relations, digital communications, and stakeholder mapping and engagement.
What You Will Do
• Stakeholder mapping and engagement – thoroughly research and review the Nigerian stakeholder landscape and build a stakeholder map with engagement options for each group of stakeholders.
a. Build and manage relationships and develop 3rd party advocates for Bridge.
• Forward planning and proactive media relations – develop a 12-month forward planner calendar for Nigeria with all internal and external media hooks, as well as potential pressure points.
a. Develop relationships with media at each key media house
b. Secure at least 1 piece of positive media coverage each month
c. Work with Green Key Club to develop relationships with regional media and secure coverage
• Digital communications – develop a list of social media influencers in Nigeria and draft and execute a 12-month engagement plan.
• Collateral development – develop country specific collateral documents, including a press kit and Q&A based on global collateral materials.
• International communications – collate a monthly internal newsletter for Nigeria. Media Monitoring- Scour NG offline and online news sources for relevant news and disseminate to appropriate internal stakeholders
What You Should Have
• Bachelor Degree with superior academic performance
• Master’s Degree is an added advantage
• 8+ years’ experience working in a similar role
• Rolodex of contacts within the media industry in Nigeria
• Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven consulting or educational organization
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
• Ability to multitask and execute on various projects
What we are looking for
• Strong problem-solving skills: you should be able to identify the root cause, provide a solution, discuss the solution with Supervisor and help execute.
• Strong interpersonal skills: you should be able to connect with our customer, the Academy Staff over phone and in-person at the training site; ability to communicate the Company HR policies with compassion and understanding.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you should be able to speak clearly and persuasively in all situations and also lead written communications to our Academy Staff on queries.
• Attention to detail: you should be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness of own work.
• Adaptability: you should be flexible and adapt to changing environment.
• Dependability: you should be reliable, consistent and alert your Supervisors in case of any changes to schedule well in advance.
• A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
• A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
• A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
• A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
• A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply