The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Nigeria office in Abuja:
Job Position: Public Health Management Assistant – FSN-07/FP-07
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic function of the Position
- Under the general supervision of the Epidemiology, Strategic Information (SI) & HSS (EpiSI&HSS) Lead, the incumbent serves as the Program Assistant for the team and manages the tracking system to ensure timely submission of all required reporting documents including quarterly reports.
- The job holder ensures quality control during all aspects of data management, including data entry, data cleaning and data preparation for analysis.
- S/he collates and organizes baseline data for surveys and evaluations under the supervision of the activity lead.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Natural Sciences, Sociology, Public Health or related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible working experience in managing complex spreadsheets is required.
- Incumbent must be familiar with public health and HIV/AIDS programming and data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Standard skills in MS Office applications such as word, Excel and presentation programs are required.
- Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required.
- Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Practical knowledge of database system with professional training in data entry and analysis; with an understanding of the PEPFAR program are required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Or – Ordinarily Resident – N3, 459,393 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM/EFM/MOH – US$35,014 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: [email protected]
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Closing Date
18th of August, 2015