Diamond Enterprise African Network – The Enterprise African Network is a key instrument in the AU’s strategy to boost growth and jobs. Bringing together close to 600 business support organisations from more than 50 countries, we help small companies seize the unparalleled business opportunities in the AU Single Market.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Pubic Relations Officer Job Opening At Diamond Enterprise Network.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Public Relations Officer
- Monitor public opinion about the organisation or particular issues.
- Advise management on policy issues and communication strategies.
- Plan public relations programmes including preparing cost budgets;
- Present arguments on behalf of the organisation (lobbying) to other organisations and special interest groups.
- Liaise with the public and respond to inquiries.
- Liaise with the media, i.e. respond to inquiries, arrange interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute news releases and make statements.
- Write, edit and arrange production of print materials such as newsletters, house magazines, pamphlets and brochures.
- Assist in preparing organisational documents such as annual reports, corporate profiles and submissions.
- write speeches, prepare visual aids and make public presentations;
- Oversee production of visual (film or video) and audio electronic material, including managing an internet web site.
- Organize special events such as open days, visits, exhibitions and functions.
- Conduct internal communication courses, workshops and media training.
- Evaluate communication activities and recommend future actions.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of HND/University degree in Public Relations or related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in same field.
- Ability to speak an indigenous language in addition to English Language is of advantage
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- An interest in current affairs
- Ability to work under pressure
- Keyboard and computer skills
- Versatile in audio visuals
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com