Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Proposal Writing Specialist Vacancy at Save the Children
Job Position: Proposal Writing Specialist
Job ID: #1156371
Save The Children is looking to add a dynamic, organized proposal writer who is passionate about being a part of a global team of individuals committed to improving the lives of children in Nigeria. Successful candidates should have:
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate complex technical ideas in a clear and compelling way
- Experience at an INGO and knowledge of some technical areas such as humanitarian assistance, health, nutrition, protection, education, livelihoods or water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Attention to detail and exceptional organization
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with large teams and to communicate clearly
- The ability to synthesize inputs from multiple sources into one cohesive document with a unified voice
- A talent for writing concisely and conceptualizing ideas for graphics that convey key information
- Experience writing proposals for USAID, DFID, other bilaterals, foundations and/or corporations
- Thoroughly review solicitations/calls for funding and become an expert on funder instructions and requirements
- Collaborate with the proposal team to incorporate the suggestions of proposal reviewers
- Format and edit proposals and ensure a high quality final products
- Follow proposal calendar and meet established deadlines
- Work with the proposal team to develop an outline that will guide the organization and content of proposal sections
- Integrate inputs from technical experts and staff into a narrative that clearly conveys proposal win themes and technical solutions, and importantly, is compliant with all donor instructions and requirements
- Help the proposal team to identify and address any gaps in the program design or other pieces of the proposal
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical, writing, and editing skills, including knack for synthesizing large amounts of information into persuasive, clear language and graphics.
- Experience working in Nigeria.
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience, with 2 years in writing and developing proposals in response to solicitations from donors.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their C.V and qualifying statements to:[email protected] explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Note: Applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Closing Date
16th of September, 2015.