Promasidor is a multi-local food manufacturer that has its roots firmly established in Africa. We are proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and distribute unique quality range of products in more than 25 countries across the continent. We have enjoyed ongoing success for over 30 years.
Job Title: Brand Manager
Reference Number: BM122016
- Brand plans: Develop marketing activities for brands/products, particularly below-the-line programmes. Ensure the proper and effective field execution of approved marketing activities. Develop and plan regular sampling programmes as appropriate for brands/products. Work closely with the Trade/Customer Marketing unit within the Sales function on the development, implementation and evaluation of trade promotions. Evaluate all core/major activities and ensure learnings are captured for future brand planning.
- Marketing insight: Monitor and report on brand health, including competitor monitoring, using agreed attributes and format. Use consumer insight to inform development of marketing programmes for assigned brands/products. Provide market information with which to report on the performance of assigned brands/products.
- Competitor monitoring: Track competitor activities and assist the Category Manager, in developing response strategies to protect the position of assigned Brand.
- Budget: Manage marketing budgets to execute annual activity plans for assigned brands/products, on budget and on time. Monitor expenditure against agreed activities and provide regular reports to the Category Manager.
- Results: Plan below-the-line activities for assigned brands/products and evaluate performance against activity objectives.
- Financial scope: Responsible for managing marketing expenditure allocated to assigned brands/products.
- Minimum second-class Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, either in Nigeria or abroad. Postgraduate qualification in Marketing would be an advantage if the first degree is not in a related field.
- 3-5 years’ cognate work experience, preferably FMCG, of which at least 2 must be in the Marketing function with Brand Management Experience.
Key Competency and Skills Requirements
- Understands the role of the different elements of the marketing mix
- Preparation of annual marketing/activity plans
- Development and execution of consumer and trade promotions and POS material
- Third-party supplier management
- Managing budgets and expenditure
- Working in teams
- Understanding of research techniques
- Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply for this Position