Concern Universal is an international development organisation that works through local partners to tackle poverty and has been registered in Nigeria since 2001.
Concern Universal’s vision is a world where justice, dignity and respect prevail for all. The organisation works in partnership to. challenge poverty and inequality. We support practical actions that enable people to improve their lives and shape their own futures. Concern Universal Nigeria is the Executing Agency (EA) for the WSSCC’s Global Sanitation Fund (GSF) programme in Nigeria.
The aim of the programme is to significantly increase sanitation coverage and attain a positive and sustained hygiene behavioural change in six Local Government Areas (LGAs), three in each of the two participating states (Benue and Cross River). This programme will present a model towards state wide coverage for sanitation that can be marketed and replicated in other states.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Project Support Officer Job Vacancy at Concern Universal
Job Position: Project Support Officer
Location: Benue State (based in/regular travel to a rural LGA)
Employment type: Full time, permanent
- This role will lead the coordination of the ‘Rural Sanitation & Hygiene Promotion in Nigeria’ (RUSHPIN) programme, funded by the UN Global Sanitation Fund, in a targeted Local Government Area (LGA) in Benue State by supporting the implementation of Community Led Total Sanitation activities by the LGA WASH Unit and local NGOs.
- The role involves coordinating the activities of project partners, supporting them with ‘on-the-job’ training in areas which they lack capacity, and communicating progress and ‘best practice’ approaches to the Programme Manager.
- The post holder will ideally be based in the targeted LGA, but could travel regularly from a major nearby town, and will be required to travel to our main office in Calabar every few months.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities of the Programme in a target LGA by supporting the implementation of CLTS activities by field partners and liaising with all relevant stakeholders, especially the LGA WASH Unit and Local Task Group on Sanitation, to ensure that the Programme is being effectively implemented
- Coordinate field visits to the LGA and communities to monitor progress and quality of implementation of activities by partners against agreed plans, targets and report accordingly based on agreed format.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports as per approved format summarising progress made in implementation of activities, lessons learnt and recommendations for improvements.
- Support other programme activities as may be directed by the Programme Manager.
- Contribute to regular meetings with key stakeholders at the Local Government level to present programme progress and to communicate learning and best practice on CLTS and sustaining ODF.
- Work closely with project partners to identify capacity gaps and work towards building their capacity in CLTS triggering, hygiene promotion, technology support, reporting and monitoring & evaluation.
- Support the Programme Manager in the formulation of strategies, plans and budgets to achieve an LGA wide Open Defecation Free (ODF) status in the entire LGA.
- BSc/BA/Diploma in relevant field (Public Health, International Development, Social Sciences, Engineering)
- At least 2 years relevant experience in successfully managing development projects, including reporting & M&E
- Knowledge and experience in Water, Sanitation & Hygiene programming
- Proven track record of capacity building/training for stakeholders including community level and local institutions
- Relevant post-graduate qualification
- Excellent facilitation, communication and report writing skills
- Knowledge and experience of Community- Led Total Sanitation
- Proficient skills in the use of MS Office tools
Remuneration: NGN 1,400,000 – 1,700,000 per annum
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to download Application form
All application form should be filled and sent to: email@example.com
- You are urged to apply immediately to avoid disappointment.
- Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
23rd of June, 2015.