Redeemer’s University is an award-winning teaching and research institution with well-equipped and functional facilities across disciplines, particularly, in Humanities, Social and Management Sciences and Natural Sciences. The hosting of the World Bank sponsored African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID) attests to the overall standard of the university. Recently, the University relocated to its permanent site at Ede, Osun State.
Job Title: Project Manager
Recruiting Firm: Africa Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID)
Job Location: Redeemer’s University
ACEGID is seeking a motivated individual with outstanding management skills and passion for global health to facilitate and advance a teaching and applied research program.
To this end, we are seekinga highly skilled, mature, and energetic individual to oversee and undertake day-to-day tasks. The Project Managerwill work at the Redeemer’s university campus. She/he will be critical to the success of the overall World Bank ACE and NIH H3 Africa projects.
The individual will supervise ACEGID staff; work closely with staff and laboratory personnel of the Redeemer’s university, as well as students and faculty members from West African partners, researchers at Harvard University, and the Broad Institute in Cambridge, MA. She /he will work with all project site Principal Investigators (PIs). The Project Manager will serve as lead in the World Bank ACE project including Monitoring and Evaluation. The project Manager will report to the ACEGID Director.
- Responsible for cash management and tracking on-site in Nigeria, including payments of contractors, staff, and supply procurement
- Monthly reporting and reconciliation of expenses
Specimen collection and registration:
- Work in tandem with hospital staff to identify study subjects according to protocols
- Ensure cold-chain maintenance
- Oversee or perform daily clinical data collection
- Oversee collection of Informed Consent and processes
- Process samples in a laboratory setting
- Perform assays and laboratory procedures as needed
Site and laboratory infrastructure:
- Work in conjunction with US-based project managers to identify and implement critical infrastructure upgrades to the laboratory and project organization
- Handle logistics, including housing and transportation for visiting collaborators and researchers to the site
Will perform other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have a MBA, MPH, or similar degree, project management skills,and ample experience working on research projects in resource-poor settings.
- The candidate mustbe able to commit to a minimum of one year abroad.
- Doctoral Degree, Master of Public Health, Master of Science
- Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases, Global Health, HealthManagement Program, Health Policy and Administration
How to Apply