Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 14 worldwide locations and has successfully completed over 1000 engagements for more than 400 clients. Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. Capital & Dalberg Research, our platform provides high-level strategic, policy and investment adviceto the leadership of key institutions, corporations and governments that are shaping international development.
We focus on emerging and frontier markets, tackling topics such as economic development, global health, access to finance, agriculture, energy and the environment, among others. We offer outstanding individuals the opportunity to apply private sector skills to global challenges within an entrepreneurial working environment.
Job Title: Project Manager
You are a global development leader and you thrive in tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing tailored frameworks that address a client’s specific challenges. You excel in solving problems using evidence-based, strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming the organizations that fund and instigate change around the world. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg Project Managers live and work around the world, creating a network of global perspectives anchored by local experience in our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America and Asia. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
Typical qualifications for a Project Manager in Lagos:
- Minimum 1 year experience managing high-performing teams
- Masters in Business Administration or Graduate degree in relevant field with excellent academic record preferred
- Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public and/ or private sector
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similar complex environments
- Strong regional/in-country networks preferred
- Demonstrated fluency in English speaking and writing skills required
- 4 years of experience framing and analyzing solutions, preferably with 3 years at a strategy consulting firm
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and perform in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education or the environment
Your Role and How You Will Create Impact
Project Managers are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical horse power that drives teams. As the link between junior team members and Dalberg management, Project Leaders deliver creative ideas and results for our clients worldwide.
With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
- Lead project teams in disaggregating problems and providing solutions to address them
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions for our clients
- Manage work streams and provide direction
- Coach, manage and support junior team members
- Oversee the quality of client deliverables
- Actively contribute to Dalberg’s firm-building initiatives
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply