Sogea Satom operates in about twenty African countries (South Africa, Tanzania, Morocco, Madagascar, Cameroon, Gabon, Kenya ) and employs about 15 000 people including 700 expatriates from 23 different countries.
We are looking for a qualified candidate for a civil engineering project in Nigeria, for the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
- As a Construction Project Manager, you will supervise a construction site and manage teams including expatriates, local engineers and professionals.
- In addition to making sure all safety procedures are followed, you will also be responsible for making sure the process stays on budget and on schedule.
Under the supervision of the country manager, your main responsibilities will consist on:
- Supervising the contractor under the Engineering and Construction Contract terms and undertake contract administration.
- Budget Control and Planning: Monitoring project cost and forecasting budget deviations.
- Ensure maintenance of daily records of all site activities, including information on the construction equipment, and any non-compliant equipment.
- Identify design issues and make recommendations that respect engineering procedure and ensure the construction schedule is maintained.
- Guaranteeing the respect of the HSE Procedures on sites
- Working in partnership with the Contractor; develop a spirit of mutual trust and co-operation.
- Team management, training and development. Making recommendations where extra resource or alternative work processes are required to maintain or increase performance.
- Ensuring through on-site supervision that the construction works are undertaken to required designs, specifications, standards and HSQE requirements. Monitoring site progress including installation.
Desired Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate should have the following skills and experiences:
- A Degree in Engineering
- A Proven track record in previous similar projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong ability to negotiate, to plan construction projects and to manage teams
- A minimum 10 years’ experience in civil engineering projects
- An ability to work with multicultural teams and varied positions
- An excellent English skills is compulsory
- A previous working experience in Africa is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply