MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
- To plan, manage and allocate resources for the execution of IS projects in line with the needs of all business units in the organization and MTN N business plan
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
- Develop detailed work plans and identify project deliverables and ensure all projects are well defined in terms of detailed project deliverables, milestones and time frames.
- Deploy and manage resources effectively for the successful execution of IS projects, securing the release of project required resources including project staff and financial resources.
- Review issues and problems in relation to projects, deal with vendors and administer contracts and identify project risks, as well as recommend actions to mitigate risks.
- Assist in evaluating, tracking and managing the development and performance of team members, to ensure productivity and achievement of business results.
- Close out project ensuring all resources are accounted for and released appropriately.
- Compile lessons to learn for use by project teams in execution of on-going and future projects and participate in post project delivery review.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Carry out feasibility studies in new business initiatives and develop project charter, identifying project scope, expectations, objectives, risks, approach and deliverables with senior management and stakeholders, to support business goals.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First Degree in Electrical/Electronics, Computer Science / Engineering or related discipline.
- Fluent in English
- Procession of a professional project management certification (PRINCE2/PMP) will be an advantage.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Risk management prior to and during the project execution, managing risks within project timelines, budgets and quality
- International certification in project management
- Technology Seminars/workshops
- Leadership Development programs
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis techniques
- General Management skills
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Formal project management experience in a telecommunications business environment or in a customer care & billing systems (CC&BS) or an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems environment
- Proven experience in Managing large scale digital projects and solutions across complex, trans-national, cross-Functional program and channels
- Experience of facilitating project coordination and managing expectations across internal, 3rd party and/or client teams according to project requirements and workstreams from kick off to deployment
- BEng, BTech or HND.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th September, 2016.