Kranite Nigeria Limited commits itself to becoming an international company and a major supplier and designer architectural hardware’s in Nigeria. The company is best sourced for wide range of activities related to Stainless Steel Railings; Aluminum Railings; Burglary Proof; Stone Coated Roof; Office Partitions; Shower Cubicles; Furniture & Fittings. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technology and capturing new opportunities for profitable and sustainable growth.
Job Title: Project Engineer
- • Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans liaising with the Project Manager.
- • Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- • Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- • Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- • Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- • Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- • Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- • Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- • Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- • Ensure that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for the project, assessing contract works implementation, giving early warnings to both Kranite and NG SAM.
- • Act on behalf of the nominated Project Manager by undertaking audits of the Engineering contract works.
- • Implement the Site Quality Management Systems ensuring the approved audit procedure is fully complied with.
- • Ensure that the standards of work and the materials supplied by contractors are as specified in accordance with the approved design information via a robust site specific inspection and materials received report.
- • Act on behalf of Kranite in respect of site problems and defects in works under construction
- • Advise the Engineering Design and Management Teams on standards of quality, finish and compliance and non compliance with the specification.
- • Participate in the arrangement for the feed-back of information from constructing projects (lessons learned) and engage with NG to ensure the lessons learnt process is considered for positive observations within the process safety triangle.
- • Advise designers on the practical aspects of engineering installations, to ensure the soundness and practicality of future design proposals
- • Monitor the performance of contractors on site and to ensure that engineering installations are constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications adopting “Right First Time Philosophy”
- • Provide feedback on the performance of contractors and consultants to contribute to project reporting
- • Attend progress team meetings with in-house and external contractors and regular meetings with client representatives (SAM, SHE etc.) to ensure all works are to the agreed PoW’s and standards of quality
- • Identify technical issues on site, recommend corrective action to the Project Manager, adopt a proactive approach to communication of construction defects to NG
- • Witness testing, commissioning and performance testing of engineering installations ensuring all permits. SSoW /RAM’s/AFC drawings are in place and test documentation is accurately completed.
- • Prepare schedules of defects and certify rectification of snagging items
- • Good skills in both spoken and written English
- • IT and computer literate (Microsoft suite)
- • Experience working with content management systems, xml editors is a merit
- • Capable of managing and prioritizing workload and working to deadlines
- • Able to identify areas for improvement within the finished material, and the processes used to create it
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications including Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 17th 2017