Fosad Consulting Limited – Our client, is a top firm in the Real Estate industry and is currently looking to engage the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor/Project Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- The quantity surveyor manages all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
- Surveyors seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Ucost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Building Technology, Civil Engineering, or any related field.
- Minimum 4 – 5 years of experience in the development, and implementation of Construction projects.
- Working experience in the Real Estate industry is an added advantage
Areas that may be worked on once the surveyor has experience and specialised knowledge include:
- Offering advice on property taxation;
- Enabling clients to initiate construction projects;
- Advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings.
- Providing post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life cycle costing advice;
- Assisting clients in locating and accessing additional and alternative sources of funds;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online