Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies.
We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.Palladium is built on the idea that progress
will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.Palladium is seeking a Project Coordinator to be based in Kaduna, Nigeria.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Working under the supervision of Washington, DC and Abuja-based Palladium staff, the successful candidate will provide overall coordination for the Kaduna VRBFP project. In addition, s/he will be responsible for carrying out training activities and providing technical assistance for the successful execution of all training and workshop activities.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Kaduna State Ministry of Health (SMOH) on project activities and staff selection for supportive supervision training.
- Coordinate trainings and workshops for key audiences on VRBFP: SMOH staff (supportive supervision), master trainers (training of trainers, ToT), and health personnel at primary and secondary public and private facilities.
- Train and manage short-term consultants engaged to deliver VRBFP trainings to cadres of health personnel at public and private facilities.
- Provide family planning subject matter expertise/technical assistance and oversight in the execution of trainings and workshops.
- Document project processes and impacts.
- Hold weekly debrief sessions with Washington, DC and Abuja-based Palladium personnel and provide updates on the progress of project implementation.
- Work with Washington, DC and Abuja-based Palladiums staff to write a comprehensive project report.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Liaise with Abuja- and DC-based staff as necessary.
- Manage production of materials in support of VRBFP Facility Action Plans, as required.
- Provide on-going support and technical assistance to SMOH staff (e.g. during supportive supervision site visits), master trainers, and trained facility staff via on-site and virtual/telephone support.
- In coordination with Washington DC-based Research Advisor, provide oversight of Research Coordinator.
- Liaise with Abuja-based Finance and Administration Manager as needed to ensure smooth project implementation and management.
DurationPeriod of Employment: January 2015 – May 2017 (17 months)
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Sociology, Community Development or other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- At least 7 years of professional experience, particularly in the areas of project management and training/capacity development.
- Knowledge of the public and private delivery system for FP services in Kaduna State.
- Experience managing donor-funded projects.
- Excellent English language communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and negotiate persuasively with high level decision makers.
- Willing and able to travel within Kaduna state to support project activities.
- Experience with FP service delivery preferred.
- Knowledge of rights-based family planning principles a plus.
- Experience managing effective relationships with the Government of Nigeria, specifically the Kaduna SMOH.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply