Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government
reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant
Tracking Code: 128-112
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Reporting to: Finance and Admin Manager
MAFITA is a 6-year DFID-funded programme working in Nigeria’s northern states, with a vision to empower marginalised youths and women through provision of increased economic opportunities and social inclusion.
- The Project Assistant will be responsible for a range of programme management tasks critical for the smooth running of the programme.
- The Project Assistant will also have some scope to be exposed to the technical elements of MAFITA’s work, if and when suitable opportunities arise.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage ASO on hotels, visas, letters of invitation, arrivals, personal equipment, and accommodation for Mafita associates
- Take notes at team meetings and external stakeholder engagements, sending out minutes and highlight action points
- Manage ASO on procurement of goods and services needed for operational and technical work, in line with procurement guidelines
- Support technical teams with planning and budgeting of intervention pilots
- Support Communications specialist with monthly and quarterly reports, and printing of materials
- Assist with research and data compilation for external presentations and reports
- Assist technical teams and liaise with ASO in planning of workshops, meetings, and trainings
- Issue contracts to new Mafita associates, and make necessary amendments to contracts for current associates
- Review associate invoices and check invoice timesheets against list of absences/half days/travel days
- Support Finance and Admin Manager with DFID and ASI financial forecasts and budgets
- Any other tasks as required by Finance and Admin Manager
Duration and Location
- This is a full-time position, commencing on the 1st February 2016 with anticipated 440 days of input until 1st February 2018.
- The Assistant will be based in the Kano project office with some travel to the focal states; Kaduna and Katsina, with Jigawa in the long-run.
- Northern Nigeria has high-youth unemployment, insecurity and limited economic opportunities. This reality can lead to extremism and instability. Marginalised groups, such as adolescent women and the Almajirai are particularly hard-hit.
- MAFITA will partner with public and private stakeholders to improve access to relevant and quality training, mentorship, work experience, business development, and financial services for marginalised youths and women.
- The programme will also support local market systems to enable the absorption of MAFITA’s target beneficiaries into sustainable income-generating activities.
- MAFITA aims to lead 68,000 marginalised young people – with a particular emphasis on adolescent girls and Almajirai – to gainful employment. By 2021, the program will create a net total of 43,300 full-time equivalent jobs and assisting 23,500 micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The project will tackle the supply and demand side of the labour market, focussing on the delivery of skills essential for employment, as well as the absorptive capacity of the labour market.
- Fluent in Hausa and English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Due to the volume of applications received by Adam Smith International, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 31st January, 2016.