The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD) is the only umbrella body of all associations (clusters) of Disabled People’s Organization (DPOs), as well as civil society organizations working on disability issues in Nigeria recognized by governments at national, state and local levels. JONAPWD has existed for over one decade, promoting the rights of persons with disabilities (PWDs); advocating for inclusive laws and policies; and engaging with all
sectors and stakeholders in the society to enhance social inclusion of PWDs. JONAPWD serves as a major institutional hub of disability information resources in Nigeria.
JONAPWD is recruiting qualified persons to fill a key position at its National Secretariat. This position is for full time employment. All conditions of service as contained in JONAPWD’s Human Resources and Staffing Policy shall apply.
Job Title: Program/Administrative Assistant
- He / she will be the first point of contact for all JONAPWD’s related queries at the National Secretariat
- He / she is expected to perform both HR-specific, general administrative and secretarial support at the JONAPWDs National Secretariat
- Support in the design and development of programme concepts, initiatives, and implementation plans
- Support in the administration of programme budgets and coordination of programme implementation activities;
- Support in the implementation of programme monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Support in coordinating the relationship between the National Executive and JONAPWD’s cluster member organizations;
- Undertake any other roles and responsibilities as may be assigned by the National Programme Officer and or the National Executive of JONAPWD from time to time.
- He / she shall be in charge of filing and in custody of employee records, donors and partners records as well as organization’s corporate records.
- He / she shall provide direct support to Senior Management Staff of JONAPWD by scheduling meetings and appointments as well as making travel arrangements.
- He/ She will be responsible for new employees’ inductions, preparation of employment packages such as policies, staff welfare, benefits as well as processing termination paperwork. And shall also assist in the planning of all JONAPWD’s events.
- He/ She shall support in the management and administration of programmes, projects and activities of the national secretariat of JONAPWD.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in disability-based programme management; public relations, HR, with a legal background.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to coordinate while working as part of the team
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior political, community, and civic leaders as well as members of the donor and diplomatic community.
- The Program/Admin Assistant must be a graduate with at least OND, a first degree, either in Social sciences, Social Work and/or Development Studies/HR or in a management, psychology, law or business-related discipline.
- Strong administrative skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Power point, Ms Word e.t.c.
- Appreciation for confidentiality
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should submit the following on or before January 3rd, 2016:
(A) A one-A4 page typed application;
(B) A copy of current CV;
(C) Two letters of Reference from either former employee or officials from the NGO sector
(D) Two recent passport size photos.
- Applications must reach JONAPWD on or BEFORE MONDAY JANUARY 5th, 2016
- No phone calls will be entertained
- Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted
- Female PWDs are strongly advised to apply.
JONAPWD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on gender, race, and religion e.t.c.
All applications and inquiries should be directed to the Office of the President, National Secretariat, Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities,
Suit 104 Gambo Sawaba Block,
National Women Development Center,
Central Business District,
Email: [email protected]